Recent content by countryhouse

1. countryhouse

Replacing line from house to septic tank

I will be replacing the line from my house to the septic tank in a few months. The current line is made up of short tile sections with hubs. The line is probably broken somewhere or has sank, as it plugs every so often. The length of the run is about 60 feet. I will be using schedule 40 4"...
  2. countryhouse

Tempering Valve

I just installed a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub. To help fill it, I would like to install a tempering valve at the hot water heater and raise the temperature of the WH. Right now the water is set around 130 degrees. By using the tempering valve, I can use the existing (40 gal) WH that is only 4...
  3. countryhouse

Roman Tub Faucet Install

I am installing a jacuzzi whirlpool drop-in tub in my bathroom. The tub is a 32 x 60 that is sold at Lowes. I called jacuzzi and they said I could drill holes and install the faucet (and handspray) in the triangular flat areas in each corner of the tub. The problem I am having is that the...
  4. countryhouse

Cement under whirlpool tub

Which type of cement mix is best to use under a whirlpool tub for the bedding? I think I heard that a mortar mix is best, but I would like to find out before I buy the wrong stuff. Also, how much should I buy? 2 or 3 bags at Lowes? I'm installing a whirlpool tub in our bathroom and in...
  5. countryhouse

Radiant Heat PEX bending

I'm installing radiant heat floors in my kitchen and bath and have a question that I haven't found an answer to (even after reading hundreds of pages on the net). The instructions for most PEX give a bend radius for bending with the coil direction and another bend radius against the coil...
  6. countryhouse

Septic Tank Pumping

We moved out to a country place about 3 years ago. We are a family of 8 (2 adults, 6 kids) and this is my first septic system. Two years ago I had the tank pumped out. There was no paperwork, but I found it and uncovered the tank. Based on the diameter and a depth of 4 feet, it looks like a...
  7. countryhouse

How do I remove this shower valve? Pic inside...

Many Moen faucets have lifetime warantees. I have twice called Moen with the model number of the faucet and both times they sent me a free replacement cartridge that came in the mail about 4 days later, no questions asked. I don't know if that would apply to your faucet, but it might be...
  8. countryhouse

Jacuzzi Tub faucet install

Thanks for the replies, everyone. The Jacuzzi installation manual that is available online is identical to the one furnished with the tub. I finally decided to call Jacuzzi on the phone (they didn't answer my E-mail). The Jacuzzi tech person on the phone said that it was ok to drill...
  9. countryhouse

Jacuzzi Tub faucet install

Hello, everyone! I just registered after a few months of just reading the forum. I am remodeling our bathroom and installing a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub from Lowe's. It's a drop-in tub that I am installing in a tiled pedestal. Can I drill through the top of the tub rim to install a Roman...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks