Recent content by Coopns

1. Coopns

Mini Split / HWH

Replaced oil burner that died with heat pumps and Rheeme Hybrid HW. A/C was great but now in MA getting cold and the electric heating bill was crazy $800, on 67. Wouldn't do it again, not enough heat and we have very open living area. I know, set it and forget it and know a bit more after...
  2. Coopns

Timer Install

The old timer went (not sure if it is old). I ordered exact replacement Intermatic T101. I still have it hooked up, I think I can do it, only 3 wires but I'm a bit concerned with it being so close to panel. See pic. As long as I shut that breaker off, should be ok right? Timer feeds in to the...
  3. Coopns

Two Piece Tub-Shower Recommendations

I would like to put a one piece tub/shower in but not sure if it will fit up the stairs, through door frame. Frame measures 29 but wonder if it would fit on an angle? If not, any recommendations for 2 piece? And are they fine, I had a quick look at HD and they look ok, they seem to have a...
  4. Coopns

Moen Valve leaks after replacement

Battle? PB Blaster, in/out back/forth. Thought I had it out and it snapped up, about top 1/4 stuck in there. So I took a 5/8's drill bit and lightly unscrewed and that chewed it all up. Then there was more and I used a screw driver and lightly tapped the stuck piece and that eventually broke it...
  5. Coopns

Thanks for that. but seems like it is more then a drip, seems like more leak like. I was thinking when I put the cartridge back in, I didn't but an O Ring in first, then insert the cartridge, was I suppose to? The old one I couldn't tell, because I had to pick away at it/was stuck but it was...
  6. Coopns

Very old Moen shower valve. Was leaking out of handle so I took it apart and replace the cartridge. (Old cartridge was stuck in there battle to get it out). So I flushed it out, put new cartridge in and it is soooo much smother to pull handle but now there is a small drip out of the tub spout...
  7. Coopns

Outlet Connections

Sorry to recap (please correct me/excuse me) 2 whites - one to each screw 2 blacks - tied them together, pig tailed out to bottom brass 1 red - on top brass The tab was broken on the old recptacle. Does it have to be? It is behind a bed, wouldn't be used by switch. And...I have a multimeter...
  8. Coopns

Outlet Connections

I do have the old and the tab is broken. So I got it wired wrong. I have those two blacks together then pig tailed out to one screw and the red to the top. Wrong? Thanks.
  9. Coopns

Outlet Connections

I am replacing an older outlet. I have two black, two white and a red. They had 2 white and 2 black around the screws then inserted the red in the back (through the small hole directly in the back of outlet). My new outlet doesn't except the red. Could I piggy the two blacks together then the...
  10. Coopns

Shopvac dead - fusible link?

Where would you buy such a thing? Would they have them at the big box stores or would I have to got to a electrical supply company? Thanks for the link. Coop
  11. Coopns

Shopvac dead - fusible link?

ShopVac suddenly stopped. Took it apart and after some research looks like a fusible link. Do I buy that or make one? Should those two metal ends in the picture be connected? If so, how and with what. I hooked on the multimeter and it made a sound/number moved when I put a piece of copper...
  12. Coopns

2 piece or 3 shower with surrond

Thanks for the thoughts. How about a two piece, -tub and the wall surround, are they fine?
  13. Coopns

2 piece or 3 shower with surrond

Need to replace the tub/shower unit. It is tiled with and old tub. Maybe not yet but would like to get it figured out first. It is the kids bath/shower upstairs. I was initially thinking about a tub with a hopefullly one piece on top. Should I buy those together or do you have to? I have...
  14. Coopns

Weak flush

Pulled off the toilet, thought it was leaking, wasn't. (2 year old can't quite make it all the way). So I put on two wax rings (flange was below floor...add PVC ext. rings...both waxed together). One had a funnel. Felt a good squish when I put it down. We have noticed though the flush is...
  15. Coopns

Roof Exhast Vent Recommendations

I have a Panosonic fan and getting the roof re shingled. I want to exhast the fan out through the roof. Any recommendations for roof vents for it? I think it needs to be insulated right?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks