Recent content by Coopatroopa

1. Coopatroopa

Rerouting waste line under basement floor

I plan to leave the original vertical pipe and tie into that. In doing so I will expose the connection to the horizontal pipe under ground so I figured I might as well cap it off. Just trying to make sure I’m not overlooking why abandoning and capping off the original pipe underground would be...
  2. Coopatroopa

Rerouting waste line under basement floor

1920s house with cast iron drain pipes. I need to replace a sewer line under the basement floor that I have been told has belly in it (had a plumber snake and then camera it when it backed up a second time). Nothing else ties directly into this line as the backup only affects one thing (an...
  3. Coopatroopa

Venting question

Ok gotcha. The kitchen sink was relocated and is vented with an AAV in the cabinet. the relocated sink drain was tied into the pipe from the old location (which is now a second vent of the blue circled connection) and the vent was left place since I figured it wouldn’t hurt. Nothing is coming...
  4. Coopatroopa

Venting question

Above the blue circled santee is vent through the roof. Not sure why it’s a santee, is a quarter bend more appropriate?
  5. Coopatroopa

Venting question

The vent on the left is 2”. It was previously venting a floor drain but I opened up the floor to fix a broken pipe and replaced everything with pvc. At that time I removed the floor drain but added a 2” line from the main and tied it to the cast iron vent pipe in case I wanted to add anything...
  6. Coopatroopa

Venting question

Thanks for the reply. It is 2” at and below the standpipe location and 1.5” from the kitchen waste to the standpipe. The pipe just to the left in the first image I posted is a vent for the main drain..no waste currently goes into it. Would it be better to just shift the kitchen waste to that...
  7. Coopatroopa

Venting question

Hi all, I am planning to add a washing machine standpipe to a vertical run of pipe that vents through the roof. It already has a drain from the kitchen sink coming it at the upper section of the pipe (circled blue in image). The proposed standpipe location is circled in yellow. my question is...
  8. Coopatroopa

Relocating sink

Thanks, that was my thought as well.
  9. Coopatroopa

Relocating sink

So it looks like i am going to have to go the AAV route. Should I leave the existing vent attached to the waste line or remove the section above where the sink drain meets up to it? Picture showing the question attached. TIA
  10. Coopatroopa

Relocating sink

Attempting a budget kitchen remodel and running into some issues with relocating the sink. I am about ~12 feet from the closest drain and working with an exterior wall. My issue is how to connect the drain pipe to the waste line and how to do the vent. I sketched out my potential plans and...
  11. Coopatroopa

Shower head leaking when tub faucet is on

Update: this fixed the problem! even with the 3/4" to 1/2' adapter that came with the twin ell i got no water coming out of the shower head with full water flow. Here is a picture for future reference. Don't mind that random couplings and bad soldering job, that was the previous home owner's...
  12. Coopatroopa

Cool, thanks. I have one coming in the mail tonight. (Will report back later with the outcome.
  13. Coopatroopa

So, if i'm understanding this correctly, the twin ell would be installed as shown in the diagram below?
  14. Coopatroopa

I'm remodeling my bathroom and have run into a problem. When i open up both hot and cold valves all the way and the tub facuet diverter valve is open, water comes out of my shower head. I originally thought it was due to using pex to the tub spout. I replaced the pex with 1/2 galvanized pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks