Recent content by confusion

1. confusion

Power surge

I'm slowly getting the idea of surge suppressors, much due to this site. I think the breaker type, like the Sieman's circuit breaker and secondary surge arrester, seems like a good idea. Between that and a good suppressor at each devise, I'll feel a little more comfortable. Thanks again for your...
  2. confusion

Power surge

I've looked at belkin, monster power, apc and tripp lite, as possible brands of surge protectors to buy. Is any one better than the rest? As for clamping voltage, is it just a measure of how many hits the unit can take before it fails? Like 12 small hits or 4 large hits. If you get one with too...
  3. confusion

Power surge through HDMI?

Is it possible for a power surge to come in through the HDMI port of a Fios top box, pass through to the tv attached to it and an X-Box connected to the tv, and burn out the HDMI ports on the 3 devises but still have the devises working? If so, what can be done to repair the HDMI ports on each...
  4. confusion

Power surge

We had a power surge due to the power company working on a line outside our house. The power went off and when it came back on it kicked off four circuit breakers. This was the first time in 28 years living here that the breakers have kicked off following a power outage. We have a Fios power box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks