Recent content by CompletelyHis

1. CompletelyHis

1994 Furnace won't start up - bad induction draft fan motor?

Replaced the inducer motor, it cost me $160 to have a buddy do it, including cost of new motor, that was worth me not taking the time to do it! Thanks for steering me in the right (and cheaper) direction! Ian
  2. CompletelyHis

aluminum supply to sub panel - breaker tripping/wire heating

Thanks to all you smart guys that suggested that it could be a loose connection @ the panel, because that's exactly what it was! I had checked for that half heartedly earlier by trying to move the wire, but not by actually twisting the terminal screw on the breaker. when i did that, i was...
  3. CompletelyHis

1994 Furnace won't start up - bad induction draft fan motor?

I have an original nat. gas furnace in my house which was built in 94. I went to fire up the heat for the first time today, and noticed there was no air movement. I went to the garage and noticed there was not flame. I pulled the cover panel and poked around and noticed that the induced draft...
  4. CompletelyHis

aluminum supply to sub panel - breaker tripping/wire heating

I have a 100 amp circuit going to a subpanel in the basement. It's worked fine until this week. the 100amp circuit has become very prone to tripping, especially when the dryer in the basement has been running for a bit. The house was built in 1994. I removed the panel cover for the main...
  5. CompletelyHis

putting sink up against concrete stem wall

I'm finishing my basement, and there will be a kitchen sink under a window. The wall it is going in front of has a 28" or so concrete stem wall. For reasons too complicated to mention here, there will not be a "false wall" in front of that wall, so the waste and fresh water will be roughed in...
  6. CompletelyHis

adding kitchen in basement - oven/stove top limitation?

I'll check with the county then (I think they're the ones that told me in the first place, ever so long ago!) Thanks, Ian
  7. CompletelyHis

adding kitchen in basement - oven/stove top limitation?

As I finish my basement, I'm adding a kitchen. Someone told me there is a restriction in the IRC about what I can put in as far as oven or stove top...either can't have one, or can't be gas, or something like that. I've searched all over, and can't find such a restriction. any suggestions?
  8. CompletelyHis

existing jacuzzi brand tub...jets are horrible!

I don't think i'm communicating myself clearly. there are 4 puddles of bath water left (one for each jet) stagnating at the bottom of each jet port, after every use. we clean it regularly, but we'd have to get way up in the port with a rag/towl and dry each of them specifically each time. if...
  9. CompletelyHis

that's a fancy word....what is a volute? My tub was manufactured 13ish years ago, don't know if that matters.
  10. CompletelyHis

my problem is with the port that the jacuzzi jet comes out of. with water staying in it after the tub is drained (it slopes away from the tub), i get bacteria build up quite quickly. it's a real pain, and significant design flaw, if you ask me.
  11. CompletelyHis

I have a jacuzzi brand tub that is about 13 years old. It has 4 jets, 2 on each side. The ports for the jets seem to be level, at best, perhaps even angled up in such a way as to cause water to remain at the bottom of the port, just under the jet. this creates a funk, which is not desirable...
  12. CompletelyHis

finishing 1500 sq ft basement, wiring from scratch to subpanel

I just spoke w/ the electrical inspector, and it sounds like I'll be doing option #2, tapping in to existing SD circuit and replacing the circuit w/ an arc fault one at the existing panel
  13. CompletelyHis

JW, my wife and I just agreed this AM on a location for the panel...a study nook in one of the bedrooms. as to smoke detectors - Are you saying I need to tie all 7 of the new SDs into the 5 existing ones? The 5 existing ones are not on an arc fault circuit...am I going to have to rewire them...
  14. CompletelyHis

not sure if it is considered a "launry room" though...an inspector could make a case for it being "laundry facilities accessible via bathroom." I like the hallway idea...I have a 5'x5' area that is going to be built in shelves and such, or, like you said, i could always cover it up w/ a nice...
  15. CompletelyHis

Wow...lots of good replies! in regards to the 2nd means of egress...it's a daylight basement, I'll have windows in all three bedrooms. as to the service carrying the additional load, I did a load calculation, and my 200amp service should be fine. So generally, I should do the circuits...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks