Recent content by colden

1. colden

Bathroom Sink Leaks

Found it! A little plastic doodad, half blue, half red, had to be popped off to find the pit where a philips head screwdriver fit. It's a ball type faucet and the left (hot) washer was nicked. Anybody know how a practically new faucet could get a nicked washer? Off to the hardware store I...
  2. colden

Extending Central Heat to 2nd and 3rd Floors

Makes sense. Unfortunately, a time meter would not work if the gas company did not use it to bill the tenants. I believe the gas company only uses their official gas meters. Right now, there are 3 of them, one for each occupant. I liked the idea of using one high-efficiency heating system...
  3. colden

Bathroom Sink Leaks

How is it popped off? That's the hurdle.
  4. colden

I goofed. Each apartment is 1157 sq. ft. and not 1500. Insulated? I can see a thick layer of fiberglass between the rafters in the basement, but I won't find out more until next week when I'll be able to pull off a few outlet covers with my home inspector in tow. Maybe the attic will have a...
  5. colden

I should have been more clear. The three decker was built in 1916 and back then, there were few options. Only the first floor has central heat by a forced air gas furnace. That furnace is at least 20 years old so should go. The vents are very strange looking as well. Each unit above will...
  6. colden

Bathroom Sink Leaks

I forgot the brand, but here's the picture.
  7. colden

When you say depends on the layout, can you be more specific? Thanks!
  8. colden

I'm buying an old house with 3 apartments. Currently, there's an old FHA system for the first floor apartment, and just gas pipes for the second and third floor apartments. I'd like to convert floors 2 and 3 to central heat. I know putting in ductwork will be very impractical so I was thinking...
  9. colden

Bathroom Sink Leaks

Our single handle bathroom sink faucet leaks on the hot side. It's a steady flow so the hot side was turned off. How is this fixed?
  10. colden

Long Term Life Of CEFIONTECT Finsish

I decided to go for the SG. Even though I won't keep my home forever, the next owners will be happier for it. :)
  11. colden

Toto Drake vs. UltraMax vs. Eljer Titan vs. Dalton

Terry, I respect your opinion and will go with the one-piece sans the special coating. Thanks for your very prompt response!
  12. colden

Toto Drake vs. UltraMax vs. Eljer Titan vs. Dalton

I was going to get an Eljer Titan for about $300 until I started reading about the Toto. So now I'm considering these as well: Toto UltraMax, Toto Drake CST744S and the CST734F Dalton The Drake is cheaper than the UltraMax and the optional CEFIONTECT finish adds a bit more. How are these...
  13. colden

Long Term Life Of CEFIONTECT Finsish

CEFIONTECT Worth the Extra Cost? Is the Toto CEFIONTECT worth the extra dollars?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks