Recent content by colbymom

1. C

Swing Check vs. dual check vs. double check valve

Thanks! I've attached my quick sketch of the plumbing I have seen with my own eyes. I know that pipe size and angles are important to plumbers, but this is just a sketch and doesn't represent that stuff. I you need more info about that stuff I can write it.
  2. C

Yes, it's true I'll let the inspector win in the end. However, I'd like to know the correct thing to do. The unit does say install according to manufacturers instructions, however it doesn't mention valves in the autoflush line at all. It leaves all the plumbing up to a licensed plumber. I...
  3. C

Hi and thanks in advance for the great info I've already gotten off this forum! I recently had a steam shower generator installed. At the rough in inspection, the inspector said that I needed a dual check valve in the line that connects the autoflush drain from the generator, which is gravity...
  4. C

Code for Steam Shower Line/Drain

Need to find out what code says about maximum # of elbows in steam lines, spacing of elbows in steam lines, special considerations when putting steam lines in a wall and if I can or should drain the boiler to the waste pipe or drain it more like a water heater. HELP! Thanks for your help...
  5. C

Finding Hot disconnect

Yep. Found it. Tedious but effective. I started tracing through the switches I'd disconnected and found it in less than an hour. Should switches be connected to outlets? I thought switches were on 15A and outlets had to be on 20A? Thanks, Maria
  6. C

Finding Hot disconnect

Hi, I need some suggestions on what to do next to locate this electrical problem. (Besides hire an electrician.) We started a bathroom reno and took out some outlets and switches. When I took out switches, no problem. I took out the outlet, reconnected wires in a junction box making doubly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks