Recent content by Coach606

1. Coach606

Insulation question

batt insulation What about just buying some batt insulation and tacking it on with nails in the space between the studs? That stuff is okay outdoors, right? Again, this is under a porch so it's not going to get direct weather. I researched a few of the 2 part systems. Their pretty...
  2. Coach606

Insulation question

The previous owners of my house turned the three season porch into an all season porch. Unfortunately, there is no insulation under the maple flooring. underneath the floor is a stairway from the walkout basement. Every winter the floor feels ice cold and that area of the house won't stay...
  3. Coach606

Screwed up the bathroom reno

slope? Nothing has happened to gravity. It was hard for me to interpret your pics, but my guess is that the slope between the tub and the sink is messed up. I don't know how that happens as I'm sure you measured it when you did it. Are the dwv pipes supported? Clamped? If you feel...
  4. Coach606

Feel like I'm getting taken advantage of.....

hey Cal No one has benefitted from plumbing forums and pros willing to help more than me in this past year. That said, there must be forums where ONLY pros get together and DIY'er's aren't allowed. If you don't want to read a post from a non pro, try scrolling down with your mouse wheel...
  5. Coach606

Drywalling question

He just got back to me and offered to work sunday. I'm still happy with his work. It was complicated, too, with curved, barrel dormers. he spent a lot of time working on them to get them right.
  6. Coach606

Drywalling question

update I'm in the middle of it now. I hired a company who was the most professional in dealing with me and was a straight up drywall company. He worked with me on the contract and so far so good. They were walking on stilts resurfacing the ceiling and he got back to me in a single day about...
  7. Coach606

Subfloor question

I had to cut a few access holes in the new subfloor in my new attic bath to make a few changes. I will be using 12 x 12" porcelain tiles on the floor. My contractor suggests that I need to add a second layer of 1/2" plywood screwed in over the first, then a layer of cement board or other...
  8. Coach606

Green board in ceiling???

My drywall company installed green board in my new bathroom ceiling. I've got a showerhead in the ceiling and it won't be tiled. My contractor insists that greenboard should not be installed in a ceiling because it will sag. Has anyone heard of that before? Is it really a problem...
  9. Coach606

Drywalling question

Thanks... I got a reasonable quote, finally, but the guy was a bit flaky. A second company came out the other day and seemed like real pros. Just waiting for the quote. For $60-70 a board they're hired.
  10. Coach606

Drywalling question

I have a second floor attic that we just dormered out with four dormers. It's not a huge space (we have a bungalow) but it's a fair amount of drywalling. We also want to resurface the ceilings of three rooms below that were damaged in the construction above it. I've called several...
  11. Coach606

Sewer gas from basement shower...

There's no trap... There's no trap. I mean, it's not pictured in his drawing and I shoved a snake in there and it went three feet before hitting anything at all. I can hear the toilet flush with my ear three feet from the drain. I'm going to try to make some time to redo the shower pan. I...
  12. Coach606

No ptrap at all! Closer inspection suggests that there is no trap under the shower. It's hard to believe that someone who could build the entire bathroom group under the slab didn't put a p trap in. But honestly, I can't see any water in it at all. It just looks like an elbow. Here's the...
  13. Coach606

What I know... What I can see is that the group appears to be wet vented about three feet away from the kitchen sink above it. But you're 100% right about the water leakage. A year ago I popped the crappy plastic drain off to replace it with something nicer. It was rigged up with rubber...
  14. Coach606

Two things happened the other day: 1) huge rainstorm 2) my main vent pipe in the house was stuffed with a rag by a construction crew in the attic. And I guess a third thing, the basement shower started to leak sewer gas. I put a wet rag over the drain and the smell went away. The toilet...
  15. Coach606

We gals need some help

how goes?? I'm not a plumber, but I did just complete a rough in for a new bath in my attic, which we're remodeling. And I was only able to do it with help from this board and a few others. So I'm just curious. Did you apply for a permit? I know I had to have a permit number (and pay the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks