Recent content by cnotthoff

1. cnotthoff

Pressure balanced shower valves

We're building a shower from scratch. I read the tutorial about shower valves, and am still foggy. I would like a pressure-balanced valve so that the temperature and flow remain the same when someone opens a hot tap in the kitchen. I want to control the temperature and flow to the showerhead...
  2. cnotthoff

New outside spigot won’t shut off, high water pressure

4 to 5 feet won't add more than a couple psi of head. So, as Miss Emily Litella used to say "Never Mind" . No need to put the pressure regulator at the bottom of this run.
  3. cnotthoff

New outside spigot won’t shut off, high water pressure

You mention that you've run the line 150' down to the dock. Is that 150' of vertical drop or a horizontal run? I'm gonna assume that the pond is downhill from you house. I'm just not sure what your elevation drop is. Water pressure will increase a little less than 1/2 psi for each foot of drop...
  4. cnotthoff

Front Load Washer Drain Standpipe

Our front-load washer is currently draining to a standpipe with the top 32" above the floor and 24" above the P-trap. It is 2" ABS and works just fine. I'm stacking the washer on a 14" high pedestal. Do I need to extend the top of the standpipe to avoid syphoning with the washer now higher off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks