Recent content by cmose

1. cmose

Clear solder from brass fitting

Don't think that was it. Spent 15 minutes ensuring the two sides were pristine the first time (knew I didn't have extra). Was liberal and thorough with the flux as well. Both times it was the same spot that wouldn't hold solder.
  2. cmose

Thanks for all the advice. Tried yet another time but had the same dead spot that wouldn't take solder as before. Tossing this fitting and ordering another one!
  3. cmose

I thought I remembered reason something like that but wasn't certain. I've tried heating the fitting a few times - gotten the thing read hot, but there are still a few ridges of solder inside the fitting. Does the fitting have to be devoid of solder and perfectly smooth to reuse? Or can it...
  4. cmose

It's benzomatic's yellow cylinder, not sure if it's true mapp.
  5. cmose

Benzomatic mapp torch
  6. cmose

I was soldering a one inch brass fitting to one inch copper. Couldn't get the solder to take on one side of the fitting so I took the fitting off before the solder set. Now the fitting has a good bit of solder in it - can I clean out the solder to reuse the fitting (if so how)? Had to special...
  7. cmose

1'' branch off 3/4'' main

Getting ready to plumb in a whole house water filter. The inlets on all of the filter housings are at 1'' and my main line is 3/4''. I'm tempted to run the loop to the filter in 1'' and transition it back to 3/4'' before joining back into the main line. Is this likely to give me any problems...
  8. cmose

1 inch brass union compression fitting?

Thanks! Is there any particular reason NOT to use the fittings I linked to in the initial post? I already have the things so I'm tempted to use them if they'll do the trick.
  9. cmose

1 inch brass union compression fitting?

Does anyone know anywhere online that I could purchase a 1 inch brass union with ferule and compression nut? I've got a whole house water filter housing with 1 inch female ports and was planning on using a brass compression fitting it hook it into the 1 inch copper household plumbing. Haven't...
  10. cmose

Kitchen sink back up

I'm sure this is a dead horse but I'm not positive what to do about it. Kitchen sink started backing up after a load of hand washed dishes (not during but after). Running the garbage disposal allowed the sink to drain but water kept coming back up for several iterations of dispose/drain...
  11. cmose

flange troubles

David, thanks much for the advice - I finally got it straightened out. I ended up incorrectly lining up the slots of the repair flange that I used with the existing flange. That allowed one of the bolts to come loose when I bumped into the toilet (fell into I suppose). I repositioned the repair...
  12. cmose

Threaded nipple too long for tub spout!

Thanks for all the help folks, sorry for not posting back in a bit; got everything straightened out and then got busy with other things. It was the wax ring, I just couldn't seem to get it lined up properly (I put the ring on, then connected the water and tested out the seal via flushing). I...
  13. cmose

flange troubles

Just thought I'd add a follow up. Finally got the wax ring sealing properly (looks as if I somehow kept dropping it in off center!). So that was fine until this morning, when I tripped and fell onto the toilet, which now rocks back and forth with the greatest of ease. I believe I ripped one of...
  14. cmose

flange troubles

--Bugger, title should read "flange" troubles. Missed the 'e'-- I hate to start another thread, but this is a bit of a different issue. My current toilet flange is an offset pvc flange that is set into concrete. The flange isn't perfectly level (hadn't noticed this until I tried to set the...
  15. cmose

Threaded nipple too long for tub spout!

thanks - as it turns out, when they packaged it up the temperature limiter was on upside down :rolleyes: . Took awhile to figure out their diagram of the unit to determine that it was in the wrong orientation. (well, for me at least). Thanks again - you've all been tremendously helpful. Just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks