Recent content by clovis

1. clovis

Best way to figure plan on replumbing my old house?

The house sits on a full basement. I have super easy access to everything, except the kitchen plumbing, which still isn't that bad. Is PEX the way to go, otherwise? clove
  2. clovis

Best way to figure plan on replumbing my old house?

I own an 80 year old craftsman style house. I am wanting to replumb the house. Most of the water lines are the original steel galvanized. Most of the updating, done by previous home owners, were completed by Johnny Jackleg and his best friend Chip Cheapskate. The updating I have...
  3. clovis

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

If you call Whirlpool, good chance you will get someone from India. Each time I got someone from India, I told them I wanted to speak to an American. They put me right thru. Maybe I would have had better luck with the operator from India. The Americans did nothing but LIE, LIE, LIE. Clove
  4. clovis

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Now this from my daughter, who says I need to send it to Whirpool: To Whirlpool: Liar, Liar. Too bad your pilot won't hold fire. Hanging customers from a telephone wire. Clove
  5. clovis

My experience shows that the tech reps will tell you anything, whether it is true or not. They have lied again and again. Personally, I would not believe anything they said. Clove
  6. clovis

If you are going to that much trouble, why not try to get an RA for your unit, or kindly ask lowes to return it for a new one? Clove
  7. clovis

I had the problem with water temps spiking. Funny that they took my word for changing out the valve. As tough and misleading as they were, I am surprise that it was as easy as telling them on the phone. I PM you with the rep I spoke to. clove
  8. clovis

The reasons I originally chose the stupid Whirlpool: 1. Our local plumbing supply house was closed. They carried AO Smith at the time. 2. I remember thinking: "Well, if its got the Whirlpool name on it, it has to be a decent unit." 3. I was forced to borrow a truck to get the unit home, and...
  9. clovis

MG, If you want my old thermocouple manifold kit, you can have it as a back up. All you have to do is pay the actual shipping. This is the original part assembly, not the upgrade kit that WP sent. I am sure that the thermocouple is still good. Clove
  10. clovis

I am not an engineer nor a plumber, just a happy home owner. The more I think about it, I wonder if Robert Shaw is to blame for a good part of the problem. Thier faulty valves, combined with a poorly designed thermocouple, could be the real deal. Clove
  11. clovis

Sad...We went to Menard's tonight, and on clearance, sat my wifes dream stove. She had that look on her face that said "I am going to own this stove." That look lasted until I asked her "Did you know that Whirlpool owns Maytag?" Her reply..."I wouldn't buy this stove in a million years!!!"...
  12. clovis

By the way: As for the original reciept topic that has been an issue with Whirlpool. I forgot to mention that the gal who was the only person to help me, told me "NEVER send an original reciept to us. Only send a photocopy. Uhhh...those sometimes tend to get *lost*, if you know what I...
  13. clovis

About Lowes not selling the thermocouple: I just skimmed over the lawsuit stuff...and if I got this right, part of the lawsuit is about Whirlpool knowingly selling thermocouples even though they knew there was a problem. Again, I just skimmed over the info. I maybe incorrect about that...
  14. clovis

MG- You are right...Lowes does not sell the replacement thermocouple. If I were you, I think I would install the kit that is coming. Then, as soon as you have hot water again, I would start on trying to get an Return Authorization number to return the old unit to Lowes. I was told that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks