Recent content by Clayton

1. Clayton

Bathtubs: Vikrell vs Americast vs Acrylic vs ???

American Standard has a tub available in their Colony series that is acrylic, 30" wide, with no flange along the front edge of the apron. (whirlpool or tub) Sterlings Performa series tub is 29" I've installed several americast and endurocast tubs and have yet to see one without at least a...
  2. Clayton

Help with an outside faucet

Hard to say without knowing the brand.... To take a guess, If your faucet has a green oval handle then it possibly could be an Arrowhead Brass faucet "ABP" and the replacement part for that paticular faucet would be a PK1390. If that is the faucet you have and no local suppliers have the part...
  3. Clayton

Flux and solder

Has anyone used the LaCo "Ultimate" flux? I generaly haven't cared for any of their products, but I got a few samples of this water soluble flux at a trade show and it seemed to work pretty nice. I would say I was impressed. I used it to prefab a few shower valves, then last week I used it...
  4. Clayton

What's the best Direct Vent Natural Gas water heater

"I would rather see the credit written and made on the computor than to jsut trust my salesman to get around to it..." Yeah I can understand that, but I guess we do things a little different in my neck of the woods. There are no supply houses in the area so it would take all day for me to do...
  5. Clayton

What's the best Direct Vent Natural Gas water heater

Bradford White I'll add another vote for Bradford White.... Mark, Wanted to ask what kind of paperwork are you dealing with on the Smith warranty water heaters??? In the past I use to just put the I.D. labels in an envelope and include the model and serial number of the unit I...
  6. Clayton

I need a LARGE easy-out

Ridgid Congrats Wally, Yep thats the tool I was mentioning in my previous post, sorry I didn't remember the model number. There are smaller tub drains that the wrench just won't fit though. Sometimes on those smaller drains I can use a hammer and drive that wrench down into it but the next...
  7. Clayton

Broken Woodford valve stem

Woodford You should be able to repair it as long as the faucet housing/copper tube did not get bent. The directions for removing the stem (courtesy of Woodford).... "Valve stem assembly (operating rod) removal. To remove the operating rod from the faucet, shut off the water supply to the...
  8. Clayton

Bath Tub Drain Removal

Give the rectorseal golden extractor a try... I picked one up about a month ago at a trade show and it works pretty nice. But, I've already had a couple drains it won't take apart and any easy-out wouldn't have helped either. So I was back doing it the way my dad taught me, with the 15 cent...
  9. Clayton

'Ungluing' pvc dwv pipe?

Which Code? Minimum slope of 3" horizontal drain will depend on which code is enforced in your area. The IPC and the IRC allow 1/8" per foot slope on 3" with 36 drainage fixture units or less.
  10. Clayton

Merlin 1 on demand reverse osmosis

R.o. I have not installed a Merlin RO unit, but I have looked at the unit and read some of the literature about it. First off It uses proprietary filters, I prefer to install units that use standard sized filters that can be bought anywhere. You do not have to worry about a product and its...
  11. Clayton

Old Delta Hand Held Shower Attachment

Shower bracket The swivel bracket that is attached to the end of the hose that will hang onto the pin of your wall bracket from Delta would be the RP7406, From Alsons would be a 5002 or the cheaper plastic model 4002
  12. Clayton

3 way valve?

Shower valve I do not know of any such valve... The correct fix for your problem would be to install pressure ballanced shower faucets. Or to install a pressure ballancing valve on the supply lines and a thermostatic mixing valve on the hot supply line to the existing shower faucets.
  13. Clayton

New toilet install..

toilet Where's the vent? Thats a small pic....
  14. Clayton

Americast Kitchen sink leakage

Americast Its hard to believe there is a leak through the side of the sink for the reasons HJ mentioned. If you are absolutely sure it is leaking there, call American Standard and see what they will do for you as Americast does have a "LIMITED" lifetime warranty. I've had to call them to...
  15. Clayton

Loose bolt in closet flange (ABS)

Flange bolts I always try to use flange bolts that come with double nuts and washers. This way you can tighten the bolts directly to the flange before you set the toilet. Personally I don't like the plastic flanges, I prefer to use closet flange with the adj. stainless steel ring. Plastic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks