Recent content by clayswim

1. clayswim

Cycle stop valve question

I get about 12 gallons out of my pressure tank before the pump kicks on, so I think the tank is working fine. I've noticed that the CSV slows the water flow down the closer it gets to 60psi. It still fills faster than the 2-3gpm it should though. I figured out the pipe jumping problem, a...
  2. clayswim

One more thing I forgot... When my pump turns on the drop pipe (Poly) lowers by about a 1/2" into the well seal then comes back into place. It barely moves when the pump shuts off. Is that a normal amount of torque? The pump is hanging from a 3/16" stainless wire which is anchored to a pulley...
  3. clayswim

I have a CSV1.25-50 and a 40-60psi pressure switch, and my 50 gallon bladder tank is charged to 38psi. When the pump is running with a faucet open the system maintains 50psi like its supposed to, but when I shut the water off it takes about 15 seconds before the system reaches 60psi and the pump...
  4. clayswim

Franklin J-Class Pumps

Something else I noticed is that when the pump first went out, there was water running out of the CSV. Is this normal? Also, any opinions on whether I should get a 2-wire or 3-wire pump? My well is 118' deep, with water 59' below the surface. I have the pump at 100'. Very clean water. Thanks...
  5. clayswim

Franklin J-Class Pumps

Thanks. I already have a CSV on the system, but it might not have been enough to help my Pentek pump. After 18 months of use the pump is tripping the breaker, and the readings don't seem to indicate that the wires are exposed to ground. When I read between the yellow and black I get 4.4, between...
  6. clayswim

Franklin J-Class Pumps

Has anyone had any experience with the Franklin J-Class pumps? They have a Franklin motor, which is good. What I'm not sure about is the quality of the pump itself. Thanks! Clayton
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks