Recent content by Clax66

1. Clax66

Converting floor drain to cleanout

Plumber friend told me the drain would work since it was 4" PVC. Likely not perfect but would work. The main thing is that it gets covered with a good seal.
  2. Clax66

Thanks Sylvan. That looks good but my floor is finished. That product looks like it needs to be installed prior to the floor being poured. I am just a DIYer so maybe I am not understanding the product. I was hoping there would be something like a toilet flange that glued inside the 4" PVC...
  3. Clax66

is this test plug permanent? Permanent in that it will hold until I decide to take it out. There is a 'possibility' of backups and I don't want to take any chances.
  4. Clax66

the Cast Iron Clean out is the right idea but a little too rough looking. I wish we had put in the Sioux Chief when we had the chance. the floor has in floor heating so breaking the floor is kinda not an option
  5. Clax66

This will be a polished concrete floor in a finished laundry room so it will need to look good and be fairly smooth and level with floor. I have products online but unsure how they would work with a existing poured floor. I can chip around the PVC pipe but would prefer to keep this to a...
  6. Clax66

hi guys, I have a 4" PVC floor drain. for reason I won't get into I want to convert it to a clean out. The PVC pipe is flush with the poured concrete floor. What product would be best to accomplish this? It would be nice if it had a nice brass or stainless steel cover.
  7. Clax66

Extending cleanout for stack

Hi guys, I have a pretty typical 4" stack with a cleanout about 12 inches off the floor. I'd like to put some cabinets (laundry room cabinets with counter top) around the area where the stack is. If the cabinets are there it would make it very difficult to get to the cleanout if need be. Is...
  8. Clax66

plumbing permit - rough in - inspector will not close permit

A new floor was being poured in the basement and it would have been foolish not to have put the roughed in drains while the floor was open and the opportunity was there. Regardless of what I have done anyone at anytime could finish the basement without permits. I just see all the new houses...
  9. Clax66

plumbing permit - rough in - inspector will not close permit

Hi guys, Recently we hired a company to underpin our basement. It looked like there were two permits that were required. An overall building permit and a 'drainage permit' Not sure if this is what is what it was called but basically it was for the sewage lines under the basement floor. All...
  10. Clax66

classic reverse water hammer...maybe

First of all, thanks for all suggestions and input. There is no pressure reducing valve or a check valve on the incoming water line from the city so i must have an open system. Is it necessary or advised to have one of these? I don't see how the pressure can get any higher in the house...
  11. Clax66

The main shutoff is a 1/4 turn ball valve. I am guessing this would not have a washer. The faucet in question has a cold water tap and a hot water tap. the spigot is loose due to a broken nut that holds it tight to the counter. I like the idea of flushing the system, checking the aerator for...
  12. Clax66

I am sorry, i am not sure what 'closed system' is. I thought I had a typical plumbing system with an incoming water line having branches off of it for various plumbing fixtures. Aside from the loose washer is there anything i can do?
  13. Clax66

After reading many posts on here it looks like I have the symptoms of reverse water hammer. It is in my upstairs bathroom just after a long run of plumbing. It typically happens first thing in the morning when I turn on the cold water. It flows for a second or two then I get a bang-bang-bang...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks