Recent content by Cjlambert

1. Cjlambert

Bathroom Rough in ok?

Your sketch meets Canadian code.
  2. Cjlambert

Running toilet drain through wall and connecting vanity drain to same pipe

What you suggest is fine. Best of all, the vanity drain can serve as a wet vent for the toilet, provided you run that vanity's drain in 2". You can tie the other bathroom's vanity into the 2" vanity drain in the wall, or you can tie it into the 3" toilet drain further downstream (whichever is...
  3. Cjlambert

Connect ABS toilet flange to ABS drain pipe

That being said, there are a variety of adhesives that would likely do the same job.
  4. Cjlambert

PEX Crimp Rings - Possible Installation Problems

Canadian code requires an air-pressure test of the system at 101.5 psi for 1 hour with no drop in pressure. Put an air test on it. If everything holds, you’re all good.
  5. Cjlambert

Toilet bowl losses water after flush

The static water level in the bowl will match the height of the bottom of the weir of the integral trap. You won’t be able to significantly increase the static water level in the bowl by re-levelling the toilet. The “dry wall” symptom you’re experiencing is just the way your toilet was designed.
  6. Cjlambert

Okay. I would glue it, screw it, and put my name on it. While the “weld” the solvent is supposed to create likely won’t happen, the solvent will still fill that tiny “paper thick” gap and keep a seal. The screws to the subfloor will keep the flange in place. You’re fine, go for it.
  7. Cjlambert

Just want to do my due diligence - and re ask the question I already asked you. How loose are we talking here? Is there side to side play on the fitting inside the pipe? Or does it just spin easily?
  8. Cjlambert

Glue it, fasten it to the subfloor, good to go.
  9. Cjlambert

Wedge Anchor Advice

Should be fine. But that’s just my gut instinct. Anytime I’m fastening anything of significant weight to concrete, I use ½” x ⅜” expanding concrete anchors (aka “shots”, which are expanded with a punch tool and hammer) + ⅜” threaded rod + ⅜” washers + ⅜” nuts. I have never used a wedge anchor...
  10. Cjlambert

Toilet bowl losses water after flush

Provided that you have at least 1-¼” of water above the top of the outlet (in the bottom of the bowl), your trap seal depth meets Canadian plumbing code requirements, and will block noxious gas from entering your living space. If the side-to-side tilt of the toilet doesn’t matter to you (in...
  11. Cjlambert

“Into” or “onto”? Are you using a cheater flange, that slides into the pipe? Or a regular hubbed toilet flange, that slides over the pipe? Manufacturers state that a hubbed fitting should engage about 2/3rds of the way onto the pipe easily when dry fit (no solvent). The last 3rd of the...
  12. Cjlambert

Hot water recirc problem

It’s maxed out hot
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks