Recent content by Chulapol

1. Chulapol

Do I need a vent for this config or any better ways to plumb this?

Also, this is the first time that I learned about "street san-tee." I looked around and don't think i could simply obtain one around here.
  2. Chulapol

Yes, I will do some searching about the stub-out height. These are very good information. Thank you very much.
  3. Chulapol

That's great! Sounds like I'm getting close to a solution. Just curiosity though, is the main reason that kitchen sink drain should be below lav drain because of the drain fixture unit (dfu); sink = 2 & lav = 1? So, if I swap them, would it be ok for lav drain to be at ~22" and kitchen sink...
  4. Chulapol

Thanks for your patience and a quick feedback. Bare with me as I'm trying to understand this. This is the part I had to read and re-read numerous time and I think I now understand it. So if I understand correctly, if there were no drop to (2) drain [no 90 vertical 90 bend], it would not need...
  5. Chulapol

Sounds like it would be okay to stack two san-tees on the left. Thank you for catching the san-tee on the right. I actually meant to use a horizontal bend to go out of the wall (not san-tee as I don't plan to add individual vent). I made another picture and with more details information. Let...
  6. Chulapol

sorry to bother with additional questions. In an attempt to reduce # of fittings, I thought of another way and I'm not sure if it would work. Is it ok to stack san-tees and have drain coming from the same direction (see picture)? The blue is a dry vent (2"). The green is 1.5". If I can stack...
  7. Chulapol

Thank you very much for your insights. I was thinking of 45" b/c I figure that the sink is probably 36" high. You are right about the blue section between san-tees. Now I can see that it's not necessary since it's a dry vent. Just to confirm, from my new attachment, (1) would a quarter bend...
  8. Chulapol

Thank you for information. Mine is a dry vent. It goes directly to the roof. It was installed as part of our basement rough-in. As of right now, I plan to install individual vent for each drain. Do you think it's unnecessary or over killed? Attached is what I plan to do. The dry vent (blue)...
  9. Chulapol

I'll try my best to describe my question. Please let me know if you need any clarification. This is for my basement. I would like to install a bathroom sink and a bar sink. Each will be on the other side of a wall. The plumbing will be inside the wall. Based on the location of the existing...
  10. Chulapol

Transporting water softener

Thank you for explanation. That makes sense. @dittohead would you be able to recommend a few companies in my area (16827)? Thank you.
  11. Chulapol

When I searched "Fleck Water Softener," I get a bunch of websites that sell fleck water softener and then a website "www.flecksystems.com" The website says do not buy from other sites. What are the differences? They look the same from outside. For example: This...
  12. Chulapol

Ideas for softener drain and vent

Great suggestion! That's good to know that it's not necessary for vertical 45s and I can use 90s. I just thought that it might make a vent flow better (instead of couple of 90s turns). It sounds like it doesn't really matter and I like the idea of using 90s. It looks cleaner to me. Also, I...
  13. Chulapol

In that case, it would look like this (attached pic), correct? I could either use AAV or tie to the vent, right. I was thinking of using 45 degree wye to connect the top vent. 45 degree angel will connect to a drain vent and the other side (straight) will be capped for future vent connection...
  14. Chulapol

Thank you for your suggestion. One of my neighbor also shared a picture with me of how an installer set up a drain for him (attached picture). Yes, it's missing an air-gap. But my question is that would this set up work? Would the drop shortly after p trap like this be a concern? It looks easy...
  15. Chulapol

I will definitely do more research on that. Thank you for suggesting what to look for when researching water softener. They were just the first go-to place in the area when I started looking for a water softener. There are 2 other companies (Ecowater and Kinetico). It's a public water. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks