Recent content by chudilo

1. chudilo

Moving into a house with well water and dying softener.

Actually I think I read the margin of error of the methods used to analyze the samples. Now that I read the statement again this morning , the sentence on the sheet makes perfect sense. However, given the provided above margins of error, how definitive are the readings bellow? The actual...
  2. chudilo

Finally got a full water test done by a Lab. These are the margins of error (for the test) , The actual results are posted later in this thread. Coliform: 1 cfu /100 ml Nitrate /N: 2.25 mg/l Arsenic: 2.0 micrograms/l Lead: L 2.0 micrograms/l
  3. chudilo

New water softener on a Well

The piping starting at the Well Tank is copper.
  4. chudilo

New water softener on a Well

I just had my softener replaced by a local installer. I have a couple of questions: 1) The new softener uses a rebranded , Clack. The water seems a bit slimy i.e. soap is hard to wash off. It just regenerated last night for the first time and the water seemed to have gotten a tiny bit better...
  5. chudilo

Finally in the house. The water has 20 units of hardness per gallon and only a trace of iron (less then 1ppm)
  6. chudilo

I meant more of an normal, peaceful shower. Also, in Florida you're probably better off using solar(non-photovoltaic) for heating water and not be so concerned about how much energy it takes to heat the water.
  7. chudilo

why would a twin tank setup need a reserve? Why would a twin tank setup need any reserve at all? It is supposed to switch whenever it runs out of soft water. I would assume that it would run to zero(or just about zero) each cycle and switch tanks only once the water is used up. Isn't that the...
  8. chudilo

I have spoken to one of the local installers. He had both Fleck and Autotrol on display. They said that they do not install the Fleck 7000SXT on Well water because the turbine meter keeps failing rather consistently. From my quick internet search it's a $70 or so part , that I will have to keep...
  9. chudilo

Thank you for the great reply. This is why this forum is so great . The previous owners have been doing annual tests (around the same time of the year) and said that the water is amazingly clean. I also have smelled and drank the water from the un-softened faucet in the kitchen and did not...
  10. chudilo

Hello. Thanks for a great forum. I have been doing a lot of reading (or self education) including a considerable number of posts here and finally decided to post myself. I am moving into a house that is on well water and septic. The softener that is currently in place is vibrating, making...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks