Recent content by Chuck1026

1. Chuck1026

Tub leak, stain in ceiling below - How to find leak???

Well, today I got bold, and pulled off the soap dish... HOLY $#!+ :eek:!!!! The tile behind the dish came off with it, and the brown, muddy crap behind is all crumbled. I almost wonder if a quick & dirty fix was done before we bought the house several years ago, but that does not matter now...
  2. Chuck1026

Interesting... the shower doors do not seem to be leaking as I do not see any water / wetness outside the tub or floor, but water is funny stuff. Maybe it found a sneaky way to get through in between the wall, tile and tub at the seam. I discovered the soap dish is very loose... I could...
  3. Chuck1026

Do you mean as a temporary protector? I was just going to try caulk first. The tub has shower doors that seem okay.
  4. Chuck1026

Yes, I am pretty sure the builder (known for "value") used greenboard, but I plan on a renovation project this spring (new floor tile, wall tile tub, etc.) but for now, I just want to stop the leak while I shop for the new bathroom upgrades. Tonight Mr. Tub's tiles meet Mr. Caulk Gun...
  5. Chuck1026

Well, the house was built in the early 1980's, so I am not sure about the drain materials. I discovered the tiles near the soap dish (mounted on the tile just above the tub on mid-way between the head and foot of the tub) are loose. There is some movement when I press on them. With a...
  6. Chuck1026

I noticed this morning there was a new squarish-shaped water stain on the ceiling below my 2nd floor tub. The stain is located approx 14" away from the front wall (drain) of the tub, towards the fromt corner. It seems odd that a leak would "walk" so far away from the tub. I have no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks