Recent content by CHRPC78

1. C

Does anode work if broken from tank top?

When I cleaned lime/calcium from bottom of 58 gal tank, I saw a long section of anode laying at a 45 degree angle crossways on the tank bottom with a very small "ferrous" wire still attached that was vertical up toward the top of the tank. I assume that the anode is still "grounded" to the tank...
  2. C

How to clean & maintain elec WH tank

See adjacent post for title of elec 50 g HW that had hot flow reduced in 5-10 seconds. I should have titled it about how to clean tank but I could not get it changed in the list visible to viewers. Sorry for the inconvenience, I am new at typing these things. Local suppy house had alum...
  3. C

Hot water fm 50g elec tank goes from light to no pressure in 5-10 seconds

Factory said warranty required anode replacement every 3 yr max!!! I would think checking would be sufficient and to track it with notebook paper on side of tank. I do not know if anode works just as well broken off in pieces as it does hanging from top. When I drain this summer, I will try...
  4. C

Me again to finish original.. An old type christmas tree light string or a single electric christmas "candle" should fit thru the 3/4" openings. I will locate one before next use. It took about 30-40 gallons to get the chunks out. Evidently there was too much crud at cold inlet pipe that...
  5. C

How to clean tank with rapid hot reduced flow I have a Lowes Environ-Temp made by American WH in Johnson city, tn. As usual, the WH malfunctions when inconvenient. The water was hot but reduced to no pressure in 5-10 sec in am when wife needed shower! She let me know she was unhappy! It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks