Recent content by CHRISUPNORTH

1. C

Sump pump runs in freezing temperatures?

So you think it is normal, nothing to worry about? When we excavated and the hole was open for a few weeks in August to do footings, foundation there was next to no ground water even after a big rain...
  2. C

Sump pump runs in freezing temperatures?

I have a 60 year old house with clay weeping tile that is hooked into a storm or combined sewer. Never had water problems in the basement. This summer I built a small addition (300sq') and installed a sump pit, modern weeping tile with the sock and where it met the clay tile I just tied the...
  3. C

Radiant heating

I dont know either of you guys so I am not taking sides but Id like to make an observation..... I have been reading this forum for a month now. People like me come to sites like this to learn from more experience and knowledgable people. I believe that nhmaster is likely a wealth of...
  4. C

Radiant heating

I considered electric wires for my 250 sq' addition but I am putting pex in the floor and heating with an electric water heater (marathon). My reasons are simple. This will be for floor warming only to supplment existing FAG furnace. I did a heat loss calc on the addition and I only need...
  5. C

humidistat??

The fact is, I dont know. I was just asking the question because on my current humidistat there is a scale that sugests a humidity level based on different outdoor temps.
  6. C

humidistat??

After doing a couple of checks with my voltage meter I have determined that my humidistat is shot. It is cheap standard issue that mounts in a hole in the return air duct. I am thinking about upgrading to a thermostat/humidistat combo. Is there one that takes a reading from the outside air...
  7. C

vACUUM RELIEF VALVE ON CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM?

I have lots of money to throw away!!! Just kidding. This is a one room addition that is open to the rest of the house. House is heated by forced air gas.... The hydronic heat in the floor is just a supplement. On the coldest day so far (14F) the room got down to 57F and I have not even...
  8. C

You saying leave it, remove it and plug it all the same? I dont want to have the circ pump pull air into the system. Chris
  9. C

Check valve on a closed loop hydronic system?

Thanks for the reply Jim. I am trying to learn here so help me out. Can you expand on why you think it better left in? Chris
  10. C

Check valve on a closed loop hydronic system?

As mentioned in another thread I am putting together a small closed loop hydronic system . The Taco circ pump I have purchased has a integral check. My system will have about 18" of head. Should I remove the check in the pump? What are the advantages/disadvantages of removing it...
  11. C

Hi, Chris here first time poster! I am putting a small infloor hydronic system together to heat a small addition. This is to supplement my existing forced air gas system. I am considering a Marathon hot water heater as the supply and the marathons come with a factory installed vacuum...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks