Recent content by Christina C

1. Christina C

36 x 36 Cast Iron Shower Pan

I was thinking of one flush on the floor, but that is very interesting and would fit well in some of the Victorian homes we have in town.
  2. Christina C

Bad Install? Video included

UPDATE: The pan was reinstalled and we could tell there is more mortar underneath but it seemed fine. Our wall installer came out today and said he will not be installing the walls because there is still flex in the pan. He also pointed out the hollow areas of the pan, heard with my heel on the...
  3. Christina C

36 x 36 Cast Iron Shower Pan

Is anyone aware of a 36 x 36 cast iron shower pan?
  4. Christina C

I don't mind grabbing a better drain kit than the plastic oatey and having them install it. I tend to prefer metal parts, but what would you recommend?
  5. Christina C

Major Shower Issue? 18k spent!

The owner came out, saw the job and took full responsibility. He's having the walls and shower pan torn out and replaced at his expense. He's not sure why his employee thought that was okay.
  6. Christina C

Yes, our house was fixer upper when we bought it so we've had our share of projects; DIY and professional, and we know stuff happens. I wasn't mad at the company and the owner has been very helpful so far. My biggest gripe would be that I addressed those concerns before the walls went up and...
  7. Christina C

The owner of the plumbing company came out today and took full responsibility. The pan has to come out so they are contacting the wall installer, tearing out the entire job at their expense, resetting the pan and redoing the drain connection. He said the plumber who installed it has lots of...
  8. Christina C

Thank you for noticing that, I know at least enough about plumbing to find a video on youtube showing the installation of this gasket. It does appear incorrect. I wish I'd just done it myself! :confused:
  9. Christina C

Thank you for the feedback. The subfloor is concrete and was completely clean when they started, although I'm sure not perfectly level, hence the need for mortar bed. I have reached out to the manufacturer, Florestone, and they also said that it appears to be an excessive amount of flexing and...
  10. Christina C

I posted on another thread but have additional questions and I've included a video link. We paid a plumber to install a shower pan, they said they would only guarantee the product if they purchased it so we paid the increased price that they upcharged and had them install a Florestone 3636F...
  11. Christina C

Thank you so far for the feedback. The plumber came out and said that they did put mortar underneath but that there will always be some flexibility to a fiberglass pan. The 2" drain pipe coming up from the floor is high and needs to be trimmed and our wall installer said that might be preventing...
  12. Christina C

Thank you for any feedback! They are coming out on Wednesday to take a look. I'm linking the spec sheet. Is this something that can be dealt with without tearing out the walls? We were ripped off on this shower in 2019 when a tile installer we hired did totally crap work that my husband and I...
  13. Christina C

We have a small alcove shower that has had so many issues. We paid a licensed and insured large plumbing company to replumb our whole house and install a new pan in said shower at the same time. We had them supply the pan as they warranty it only if they provided the materials with a markup...
  14. Christina C

Unifit Flange Question

Would you adjust it or just leave as is? Also, I think I can return the 14" unifit so I'm not too worried about that. I think due to the nature of issues brought up here, which are all relevant, we are better to use the 12" and just slide it back/center in the drain. I really want to fudge it...
  15. Christina C

Unifit Flange Question

For sure it's not far enough away. It is one of the things we are paying to have moved up and out.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks