Recent content by ChrisMDL

1. ChrisMDL

Wet venting laundry group from old drain

Welp here she is in all her glory! Thanks everyone for the help. It looks a little Janky but it works.
  2. ChrisMDL

Jeff thanks again for the great advice. I snapped the whole thing off. I then took the grinder with a metal cut off wheel and got the fitting flat. Then switched to a diamond blade, and with the grinder I was a surgeon. I dug out enough concrete to get a fernco shielding coupling on. It’s fully...
  3. ChrisMDL

Thank you. I went out and sourced a Fernco donut. But I believe I’ve now opened a giant can of worms. I began drilling the lead and oakum connection to try to remove that cast iron clean out. And the cast iron pipe snapped in probably the worst imaginable way. That dark line close to the...
  4. ChrisMDL

A bit of an update and an additional question. After setting the laundry tub, I see that I would need to raise it quite a bit to execute my original plan. What if I removed that cast iron clean out? What product should I be getting/researching that would fit into that drain stub out that’s in...
  5. ChrisMDL

Cheers! thank you for the help!
  6. ChrisMDL

Okay understood. Would this setup be appropriate? Off the 2” copper stack would be an AAV then a drain for the slop sink. I would have the washing machine drain into the slop sink tub. Also second question, if I wanted a washing machine drain on the 2nd floor above the original laundry room...
  7. ChrisMDL

Hello All, I hope you can check to see if my plan will work. I am moving my laundry from the 1st floor to the basement. Currently it drains through a 2" copper drain, the 1.5" kitchen sink also drains to the 2", then goes into my basement floor. Both of these drains share a vent that connects in...
  8. ChrisMDL

Drain and Vent in Cantilevered Bump Out Addition

Yeah so I’d have to have the cantilevered section’s roof pitch enough to clear the LVL. That’s a good idea. See attached. In red would be that way. also as I drew the path in blue. Is that also an option. Turing the vent horizontal to make it back to the original exterior wall?
  9. ChrisMDL

Drain and Vent in Cantilevered Bump Out Addition

Hey All, in the very early stages of conceptualizing a kitchen remodel. I am tossing the idea around of a cantilevered bump out addition. See attached pic, that’s 95% of what mine would look like. I plan to have the kitchen sink in this bump out. The joists run the same way as in the picture...
  10. ChrisMDL

What's the newest in automatic laundry shutoffs?

Yes I am thinking I might have to make up a custom solution here. Thanks for sharing Floodstop. Maybe that will be the best route. I can hide the keypad in the adjacent lower cabinet. Ideally, the floodstop would be perfect with a slicker looking controller. I am picturing a dial like the nest...
  11. ChrisMDL

What's the newest in automatic laundry shutoffs?

Okay so I am planning a laundry room remodel. I am going from side by side top loaders to a stacked machine front loader setup. I plan to have the machines slid into a cabinet opening, so there will not be ready access to the back of the machines without pulling them out. I also don't want to...
  12. ChrisMDL

Critique my single vanity to double vanity plan

Update: Spoke to the town inspector and he is requiring I have all these lines filled for the rough inspection. I have no idea how I’m going to fill these for a test. I think I need to redo the vertical portion and move the clean out to just above the banded coupling. I bought an inflatable test...
  13. ChrisMDL

Here it is all completed. I added the clean out too
  14. ChrisMDL

Here is everything dry fit. Thank you all so much for the help, the centerline of the lowest part of the vent is 40” off the floor.
  15. ChrisMDL

Am I on the right track here? That 2” Sanitee on its side by the top banded coupling, is that right? I’ll have to get a coupling to reduce to 1 1/2”. Also see pic of the tub plumbing. I’m am going to cut all that out and replace with PVC. Can I cut where indicated in red and transition with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks