Recent content by Chris R-basement finisher

1. Chris R-basement finisher

Water chugging by meter

The water pressure seems good to high. I could always buy a gauge to test it if that’s important.
  2. Chris R-basement finisher

Water chugging by meter

They said it was likely the meter and swapped it for this newer one, but left before I could test it. It could be the PRV perhaps. Is that pressure reducing valve? Basically below the meter? I could try swapping that perhaps.
  3. Chris R-basement finisher

Water chugging by meter

That’s actually exactly what I did. It improved some with the new meter, but still pretty significant. Would you call a plumber with it this way or just not worry about it? I could try strapping them down to reduce the vibration perhaps?
  4. Chris R-basement finisher

Water chugging by meter

Chugging noise with sprinklers running: I’m getting some chugging despite having the water meter replaced and the sprinklers all checked out. Happens with high water appliances such as running a bath or irrigation like in the video. Not sure if this is considered water hammer or not, but feels...
  5. Chris R-basement finisher

Quick waste drain question

Those are great ideas for cutting and re-gluing! Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it!
  6. Chris R-basement finisher

Quick waste drain question

Hello, I’m a DIYer completing the plumbing in my basement. Thankfully most of the waste pipes were already plumbed in. I’ve tried my best to get a basic understanding of UPC. In double checking my work ahead of getting my plumbing inspection I realized I used a medium 90 coming off of my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks