Recent content by Chopstick

1. Chopstick

Fleck Water Softener Not As "Soft"

Hey Guys, Just wanted to send an update to what has transpired since my last post. I performed the double regens as recommended. Just in case, I added water to the brine well as directed even though I don't think it matters in my situation. I did this in the morning and allowed it to sit the...
  2. Chopstick

Just curious, what is the reasoning behind this? I don't know if everybody does it this way, but I read it somewhere once, so this is how I do it. In my brine tank, I fill it up about half way with salt. Then I will add the salt to just one side of the tank so that it creates a slope in the...
  3. Chopstick

About 2.5 years Yes, but only early on. When the system was new, I played around with the settings to get it dialed in. I'd say 3-4 times, it ran out of hardness removal capacity before a regen was triggered. It has not ran out and I have not had any issues with it since then with it's current...
  4. Chopstick

- Yes, I understand that 1 grain of hardness is technically considered soft water. - I have not checked it when it was in Reserve Capacity. However, I did check the hardness when it was down to about 100 gallons left. It was 1 drop then as well. So it was 1 drop when down to about 100 gallons...
  5. Chopstick

Hi All, Specs: - Fleck 5600SXT - 1.5 cubic foot resin - 10% CL resin - 10x54 Tank - The Drain line has a sticker with 2.7 GPM - The Brine line has a sticker with 0.5 GPM - System is about 2.5 years old Environment: - On city water - 3 people in home (2 adults and a toddler) - Estimated gal/day...
  6. Chopstick

General Water Softener Maintenance

Hi All, I have a Fleck 5600SXT system. It has 1.5 cubic foot resin. On city water. Other than cleaning out the Brine Tank, is there any other maintenance I should be doing to the unit to maintain optimal performance? I've seen a few posts of people using things like Iron Out, Res Care, etc...
  7. Chopstick

Fleck - How Do My Settings Look?

I noticed you're using decimal numbers in your "C" numbers. My unit only puts whole number. Is there a way to put in decimal numbers in the unit?
  8. Chopstick

First and foremost, thank you for all of your assistance! Since my original post on the other thread, I have definitely tested the water multiple times on multiple days. It is always 7-8 drops when the water turns a clear blue. I guess that's why I asked if the soft water will run out before...
  9. Chopstick

Hi All, Based on my previous thread, I went out and purchased a Fleck system: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/double-check-my-math-help-selecting-water-softener.89175/ Specs: - Fleck 5600SXT - 1.5 cubic foot resin - 10% CL resin - 10x54 Tank - The Drain line has a sticker with...
  10. Chopstick

Double Check My Math - Help Selecting Water Softener

Just tried it today. It took about 14 drops and it stayed blue for a long time. It did eventually turned back purple, but it took a few minutes.
  11. Chopstick

Thank you for the confirmation. I've read several post where it seems like most people seem to recommend regen every 7 days or so. I don't want to damage the resin, but at the same time, I'd like to save some water and extend the regen cycles out, if possible.
  12. Chopstick

I live a somewhat new construction area of East Pasco. I read the instructions and have watched a few videos on how to use the Hach 5B. - I ran the kitchen sink cold water for 5-7 mins to clear the line - Used the vial and took a sample all the way up to the brim of the vial - Transferred the...
  13. Chopstick

- Yes, I've read a few post about how the advertised grains is not the true number and that the efficient number is lower. So that's why I figured (if my math is correct), that my 16,800 is well below the advertised 32,000. - I plan on installing it in my garage, so height and weather is not...
  14. Chopstick

Hi, I would like to purchase and install a water softener for my home. - I am located in Tampa Bay area of Florida (if that matters). - There are 3 people in the home (2 adults and a baby). - There is a 3/4 inch PVC incoming water line. - We are on City water. - Using a Hach 5B, I measured...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks