Recent content by ChiTownBlues

1. ChiTownBlues

Clay vs Iron Building Sewer in Chicago

@SewerRatz - Hi, can I ask you to weigh in here with your expert opinion? Thanks.
  2. ChiTownBlues

Hey Reach4, thanks for replying. There is actually no adapter. The pvc male end is sitting like an 1/8” above the clay spigot end. The clay spigot as you can see is damaged. First a minor crack and then compounded when plumber removed and replaced leaking mortar joint. Anyone else have a...
  3. ChiTownBlues

Cast Iron better than clay pipe for sewers?

I started a new thread named “Clay vs Iron Building Sewer in Chicago”.
  4. ChiTownBlues

Hi All, I have a question about what is proper and what is code as it pertains to a building sewer repair in Chicago, and can use the forum’s expertise. I just had sewer work done in my basement for a renovation three years ago and I am already having problems with the sewer line, namely...
  5. ChiTownBlues

Cast Iron better than clay pipe for sewers?

Hi All, I have a related question and can use your expertise. I live in Chicago and just had sewer work done in my basement for a renovation. My clay building sewer had long been partially separated just below the floor at the 90. As you have guessed, the bill to constantly cut roots out along...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks