Recent content by chill_builds

1. chill_builds

Series Heat Pump Water Heater and Basic Electric Unit

Got this completed on Sunday. Got the water heater from HD after watching slickdeals for a low price. Got one for $999 plus tax and delivery. About $1500 all in with a diy install in the garage which included running power. Averaging 5 kWh/day so far so it looks like this will save us about...
  2. chill_builds

Water Heater bad or Sharkbite Thermal Expansion Valve bad?

I am currently researching this but I think I will end up going with an expansion tank as it immediately absorbs increased pressure whereas the sharkbite part only works at 125 psi. Do you have a pressure gauge? Does the valve have an arrow on it for direction of water flow?
  3. chill_builds

Also, my current water heater has a 2 gallon thermal expansion tank. Should I add a second 2 gallon on the new added unit or replace the current 2 gallon with a 4 gallon tank? Seems I prob need a 4 gallon on the cold inlet for the new unit?
  4. chill_builds

I am planning to install a 50 gallon Rheem HPWH(in garage main level) in series with a basic 50 gallon Rheem 4500 watt electric unit(in basement one level down). The reasoning for this is to increase total amount of available hot water for the few times a year we run out of hot water and to save...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks