Recent content by chikfarmer

1. chikfarmer

cloudy water

To justwater, it has always been an issue. To valveman, I dont see any advantage to a cyclestop valve. The pump will fill the tanks and cutoff when it reaches setpoint. It is not going to keep cycling as your demo at website suggests. These are layer houses only 20,000 birds. That is why I...
  2. chikfarmer

cloudy water

This well has steel casing (8 inch )?maybe or 6 inch dont remember but he drilled one well at my old farm I had and put in pvc casing. I thought that was dumb especially holding up a 5 hp pump and galvanized 2 inch pipe. Now I am not that dumb to know that when you push pvc down with your...
  3. chikfarmer

cloudy water

My thoughts was the water would come more from the bottom of the well which is usually around this area is in granite. In other words from the source. Therefore less surface water. It is my experience with a bored (24") well that when it is pulled hard as on chicken houses muddy water. Usually...
  4. chikfarmer

cloudy water

About 2 years ago we built some new layer houses for chicks. When the well was drilled I requested for the casing to be pushed down as deep as possible. The well is 380 ft deep with a delivery of about 85 gallons a minute or so I was told. I also requested for the pump to be put about 30 ft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks