Recent content by Chicadita

1. Chicadita

Deep Wel Pump Using Too Much Electricity

The plate on it says 10.0 amps. Do you think it might be pulling more than what it was built to pull?
  2. Chicadita

Running the oven (also electric) doesn't spike our power usage nearly as much as a 6 minute shower. I can have the oven on for an hour or more and it shows on our usage report over the usual amount, but running water spikes it at almost 3 times as much as the oven. Ir just doesn't seem right...
  3. Chicadita

Residential Rate I hadn't even thought of that, but it turns out no, we are being billed at a residential rate. Drat. We talked to a neighbor, and they said they cut their electricity bill by adding a pressure tank. Ours is 86 gallons. Does anyone have any thoughts on adding...
  4. Chicadita

Pump Information Here is the tag from the pump. I don't know if this helps.
  5. Chicadita

Unfortunately, the previous owner was a church - no one has lived in the house for 10 years. It was used as an office and Sunday daycare during service. Previous use data wouldn't help any. Every scrap of information I got about the house was unreliable because no one person was really...
  6. Chicadita

I'm a new homeowner and my home runs off of a deep well. I was shocked at the end of my first month with a $430 electricity bill. Systematically going through the house and checking various things, we've determined that the well pump is too blame. It spikes the electricity meter. Looking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks