Recent content by Charly

1. Charly

Confused about mortar under tubs...

My dad is a retired general contractor and I’ve been building houses and remodeling for over 30 yrs. Of all the tubs I've put in, I just never read instructions about using mortar, sand or anything else and this tub came without instructions. I came here to gain knowledge and ask questions...
  2. Charly

Help with an electrical debate...

First let me say I am NOT a licensed electrician... With that said, I'm doing a remodel for a friend and told her to hire a licensed electrician for putting in new switches/recpts. and replacing an utility light. When I returned after the electrician did his work, I was livid and flabbergasted...
  3. Charly

I can certainly understand with a 5' bottom needing major support, but this tub is only 27" wide, maybe a little less. I get nervous when it's suggested to use anything with moisture, no matter how little, when it's around wood is all. That's why I ask my questions and would prefer using wood if...
  4. Charly

I have only recently heard about this and am confused about a couple of things. I am installing a fiberglass tub for a neighbor and when you look at the bottom it has a large piece of what I call Chip board (chips of wood glued and pressed together) and the legs are 4 x 4 wood. When I've stood...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks