Recent content by Charlie123

1. Charlie123

Need Advice on Heat Pump Water Heater

I was referred to the Rheem Performance Platinum, so nice to see another Rheen referral: apparently they're decent and readily available here. As far as a plumber, I just got a strong referral for someone from 2 coworkers who are both selective and mechanically-inclined, so that sounds promising.
  2. Charlie123

Thanks for the reply. There's no gas in the area, and my boiler is 30 years old, not sure how old the aqua booster is. The room is large enough, I have a septic trap 6 feet away that I can use, and the electrical panel is nearby. I'm thinking of possibly going over to a mini-split, so the 1st...
  3. Charlie123

Hello, hoping I can get some advice here. I want to replace my aqua booster with a HPWH, but I'm having trouble finding someone experienced with these. Does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations for someone in the Miller Place area (anywhere?) who can do this work, or maybe a particular brand...
  4. Charlie123

Need help deciding on a new boiler

Ok, I measured upstairs (I can do the basement as well, although I really don't use it): ~67 feet
  5. Charlie123

I'll make sure this is taken into consideration. We did come up with the gallons used per year, although my 550 differs from the 650 that Petro told me today. Their record keeping isn't great, but if we settle on 600, does this tell you anything? I was also told that my heat loss was less than...
  6. Charlie123

Hi Dana, sorry to leave you hanging, figured I'd measure and get back to you, but I think I'm going to go with Buderus or EK, although not sure I'll bite the bullet now. Thanks very much for your advice, and the education.
  7. Charlie123

Thanks for all the info Dana. My reference to baseboard was just that my current hot-water baseboard would be rendered unused and unsightly. It can be removed but then we're talking patching/painting. I will have someone in who works with these systems and see what he says, but the thought of...
  8. Charlie123

Hi Dana, Sorry, I only realized that someone here had taken the time to reply. Apparently, my heat loss is less than 25k btu/hr. My original choices above later turned into: Trio (or Biasi), Buderus, EK, or an LP mod-con system. It seems that, based on the added cost of the latter 2 systems, the...
  9. Charlie123

Hello, hoping you professionals can help me to narrow down my choice on a new boiler for my ~30 year old, 918 sq ft house on Long Island. I currently have a Utica OBT-3, and while it still works, and I have a service contract with Petro Oil, I think it might be time to consider replacing. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks