Recent content by Charlie Bosco

1. Charlie Bosco

Dishwasher Tailpiece has stem too low after new undermount sink and granite top install

Nope. I have the top photo. Directly connected to the sink drain
  2. Charlie Bosco

Dishwasher Tailpiece has stem too low after new undermount sink and granite top install

My photo clearly shows direct tail piece with DW stem. This is directly attached to my sink strainer. Again I really need a tailpiece with a higher stem. I saw someone mentioned brass. I may check that out. This is currently the best option I have and still be able to use my sink and dw. I'd...
  3. Charlie Bosco

Yes I agree.. I need to replace the DW drain line anyway. Last night I found a small crack in the corrugated wall.
  4. Charlie Bosco

That sounds interesting.. DO you have a photo or diagram that shows something like this? Also why would the DW need a trap? If I put the proper high loop wont that do as well?
  5. Charlie Bosco

Yes and it came with a very expensive stainless steel sink. Dakota Sinks
  6. Charlie Bosco

Is this media or is this from my well?

Thanks! Again this confirms it had to have been ingested by my well and caught in my Katalox filter. It's like a wall collapsed deep in the well. It's clear now for weeks. So hoping it stays an anomaly.
  7. Charlie Bosco

The only thing I can see besides the corrugated pipe is the fact that water will be in the trap past the union. Unless someone shows me a better more permanent solution. I have to stick with this if I want to use my kitchen. I'd like to punch the idiot who ran that drain inlet over 20" off the...
  8. Charlie Bosco

I found a workable solution. While not ideal this solves all the issues and drains fine without leaks. I know the collapsible hose will gunk up but I can remove it periodically and clean it if needed. The pipes are straight.. the photo make it look like they are angled.
  9. Charlie Bosco

Ok so I am still battling a kitchen sink wall drain that is too high and I am not planning to rip into the walls as it runs horizontally through the walls behind the cabinets. So wife and I decided to forgo the garbage disposal since the new sink can be plumbed and still fit. Till I got to the...
  10. Charlie Bosco

Is this media or is this from my well?

Just reading this.. Looks similar but thats very uniform. Mine clearly looks like sand from the well point. This really has me stumped. Not unless its from my Kinetico Water Softener. But I'd think it would shoot the Resin out as well. Could it be possible if there was some big shift...
  11. Charlie Bosco

Help lowering my Kitchen sink drain.

EDIT I was so wrapped up in the garbage disposal that I did not realize my current sink is 4" higher from the center of the drain to the wall. So if the new sink is 2" deeper than the old one and I am 1 1/4" lower undermount on the granite that still leaves me 3/4" to slope 12" to the wall...
  12. Charlie Bosco

Very small house, there is only one main roof vent. And that is along the wall I suspect the drain pipe goes towards. Only thing I might get lucky on is if as you mentioned, the drain pipe traveling horizontally to the sink is much lower and they elbowed up to the rise its at. I plan to open the...
  13. Charlie Bosco

Thanks so much for your help here. Its a wood frame house. I am thinking the drain goes sideways since there is a window directly over the sink. Pretty sure that rules out any riser. I guess its possible that it could have a bit of a rise from the lateral run. I'd have to check inside once I...
  14. Charlie Bosco

Awe CRAP! Its on an outside wall and there is a window in front of the sink.. So the drain must hang a right and travel at least 4 feet to the corner wall that it most likely ties into. There is a corner cabinet that cannot be accessed. Sooooo that means I am screwed right? Is there any other...
  15. Charlie Bosco

So we are upgrading our counter tops to Granite and going with an undermount sink that is deeper than the existing stainless drop in that we have. With he garbage disposal drain being just about an inch higher than the wall drain it just makes it. The new sink will be almost 2 inches deeper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks