Recent content by Chango

1. Chango

Flex gas connector required on heater in California

thanks. I have currently gone pipe all the way to a tankless and to the furnace. See attached images. Would you suggest modifying these and putting flex connectors in on both?
  2. Chango

Flex gas connector required on heater in California

I read somewhere that flex connectors on heaters were advised on the west coast for seismic reasons. Is this required by code and is it normal to use a flex connector between the building pipe and the drip leg/black pipe nipples at heater? I would like to go black pipe all the way but i am...
  3. Chango

Replacing riser for new shower (slab on grade)

I managed to get everything roughed in and plumb and then remembered that the old shower drain was really loud. It’s a good 12-15” drop to the water line in the trap. I have attached a picture. I have already backfilled everything but did not yet pour it back. I am just wondering if there’s...
  4. Chango

Ok thank you. I went ahead and busted open a 12x12” square and it’s time to start digging.
  5. Chango

Good Evening Folks, I am replacing a shower and I am not quite sure how to proceed. The house is a single story, slab on grade construction with all ABS DWV lines. The old shower was all mud and lath with a hot mop liner and has since been totally removed. I plan to use the Kerdi shower tray...
  6. Chango

Drain in slab alignment issue

Got it. It’s hard to explain but where the stack comes up out of the slab it is pointed at least 5-10 degrees towards the exterior wall and a little to the left. When I drilled the hole through the jack and king studs I knew the inspector would want it centered. So when I went to tie the...
  7. Chango

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought the only way to correct the angle that the drain is coming out of the slab (which is causing the lateral to angle out past the drywall) was to use the two 22.5” fittings? Is that going to fly with the inspection or do you think they would fail me? If I don’t...
  8. Chango

Just wanted to post that I honk I got it worked out with 2 22.5’s as others had suggested. Thanks for that! One more thing. Does the rough in for the drain on the kitchen sink terminate as I have it here (just a 45 and some pipe coming out of the wall)? Thanks!
  9. Chango

Sorry here’s the photos
  10. Chango

Well I finally got around to working on this and here’s where I am at now. Got the stud shoe which the inspector required. Got the holes drilled on center but the horizontal alignment is off because of the angle that the drain is coming out of the slab. Here’s a couple of photos. Is there...
  11. Chango

I figured since the wall was open and all the cabinets ripped out I should replace everything with new. But if there’s no way to get down there the. I can forgo it. Those joints are about 50 years old.
  12. Chango

Thanks Terry. I’d like to replace everything with new but can’t figure out how to work with the amount of pipe left coming out of the ground. If I make a perfect cut under the tee there will be about 1/2” left above the bottom plate. If I had to start chipping away the plate with a chisel...
  13. Chango

Hi there. If I do the 2 22.5’s I think it might put me off a few inches the other way right? I guess I can grab a couple and see how far the offset would be. It would be hard to relocate the vent itself as it leads straight up to the roof but it sounds like I may not have many options...
  14. Chango

Hi there. I am into a remodel as well and jumped to the kitchen due to the leak. The cabinet order is already in so I won’t be able to change the wall specs any more. The pipe is all ABS coming out of the concrete. The sanitary tee was connected to the vent via solvent weld. I have attached...
  15. Chango

Good evening folks. I appreciate any advice here. I have an older home which recently experienced blockage in the drain line resulting is grey water spilling into the wall. Once I got in there I found the vent completely detached above the sanitary tee that connects the horizontal 4’ run to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks