Recent content by Chakil

1. Chakil

Hydronic heating system partial load behavior

Unfortunately that's too much math for me Thanks anyway
  2. Chakil

As the thermostat calls for heat the water in the system is at room temperature 69F, so i think it should be some temperature mixing ? The emitters are able to release 60 000 btu h in design conditions if supply water temperature is 180F, the emitters output is in linear relationship with...
  3. Chakil

If -the boiler output is 60,000 BTU/hr with 6gpm and delta t 20f -system mass is 100 Gallons -boiler temperature min 160F max 180F -room temperature 70F How long the boiler would take to supply the emitter with 180F water temperature?
  4. Chakil

By thermal mass i meant boiler mass and system water volume By boiler i mean traditional cast iron boiler, it needs a minimum 140F to prevent condensation I apologize for my poor english
  5. Chakil

The aquastat controlls the boiler temperature, minimum is set to 160F with 10F differential so the burner turns on at 150F and off at 160F, high limit is set to 180F with 10F differential, burner turns off at 180F and turns on at 170F I am not sure what you mean by "location thermal mass "
  6. Chakil

Why would the system run forever? the room needs only 30 000 btuh the thermostat should turn off the boiler My understanding is the boiler would raise water temperature from 160F to 170F then stopped by thermostat since: 30 000btu = 500 *6*10 emitters heat output is linear with water supply...
  7. Chakil

How long would be the cycle length?
  8. Chakil

Hi, I have a question : -with a room temperature set to 70F and with a baseboard -the boiler output is 60,000 BTU/hr with 6gpm and delt t 20f -minimum boiler temperature is 160F and limit is 180F with 10F differential - Let's ignore the thermal mass effect Let's say the load is 30000 btu/h...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks