Recent content by chad4290

1. C

Insulating Basement Walls

i would use r 13 for insulation. leave gap for breathing. i have seen other people put poly down in a basement. but it always has high moisture so it basically just traps it and then condenses and runs down to the bottom plate. plus it is nice to have full wall for electrical and plumbing.
  2. C

Help! My remodel tub surround popped apart!

i would remove drywallfrom the other side. a little piece is just as hard as a big one so don't worry. you will need some kind of support, you said you had studs in there but how and where exactly. this design leaves little room for error. i would drill a couple of small holes in the flange...
  3. C

bathroom fan

if it hasn't been raining then yeah i would suggest condensation. insulation should do it. you could shorten up the length of the venting material with pvc if possible. steel would be worse not better. wrap it up good and once you get up there and start digging around you should see where and...
  4. C

basement bathroom

i am adding a basement bathroom for my mom and have a couple of questions. the new bathroom toilet,showerstall and sink is going to be within five feet of the soil/waste stack already existing for the upstairs. i was planning on running a new vent along side the existing vent because there is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks