Recent content by CFO

1. CFO

How bad is an UPHILL waste run?

I'm remodeling my basement bathroom (on slab). I cut away about 3' of the slab to relocate the toilet and tub drain (to make a shower) and discovered that the exposed 3" pipe carrying away the waste from the toilet, sink and tub has a very minor UPHILL slope to it -- maybe 1/8" per 2 feet (see...
  2. CFO

How to remove a Sharkbite Crimp Ring

That is, I'm NOT talking about the push-fit connectors.
  3. CFO

Yes, I'm talking about the Pex crimped connectors...the ones that look like a wedding band when affixed. Sharkbite sells a special hand tool to remove them but I am hoping someone has figured out a way to remove them using 'regular' hand tools.
  4. CFO

I have just a handful of Sharkbite crimp rings to remove and don't want to buy their special tool for such a small job. Can anyone tell me how to get these buggers off without destroying the fitting?
  5. CFO

Required fittings between distribution line and fixtures?

Hi! This is my first post to your forum. I am remodeling my masterbath and will be relocating all the fixtures. I plan to use Sharkbite PEX products (either crimping or clamping) as they seem pretty straight forward. I'm a little confused though on the specific fittings I am supposed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks