Recent content by centurion

1. centurion

Move Shower Vent

Thanks everyone. I will take another look at it in the morning.
  2. centurion

Move Shower Vent

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I did not think that was right. Wayne, thanks for the suggestion, however that is an outside wall with a joist and not much room to work. I will have to think about it. Thanks for your help.
  3. centurion

Move Shower Vent

I am installing a larger shower pan in my shower. I went to move a partition wall and found that it had the shower vent in it. Is it proper and legal if I cap the existing vent and replace the 90 just after the P trap and extend the vent to the other wall. Kind of hard to describe but I think...
  4. centurion

No-Caulk Drain and ABS

I am installing new shower pan. House was built 30 years ago and uses all ABS, the old solid core type. I have to redo the drain location. Seems only foam core ABS is now available. The drain I have is a Oatley PVC No-Caulk. The instructions just say to use 2' Schedule 40. Can I use the foam...
  5. centurion

Blocking for frameless shower doors

I am redoing a shower and will have frameless shower doors installed. I know I need blocking for where the glass attaches to the wall, but I am not sure the best way to do it. I have seen some say to put two 2x4 studs together vertically in the wall centered on the curb. Some say use 3 2x4's...
  6. centurion

Shower Light Suggestions

Thanks Wayne. Your information is very helpful. In doing some research, it seems popular to use LED ceiling lights in place of pot lights. Relatively cheap and easy install. Anyone had any experience with using a LED in a shower? The present light I am replacing has a raised dome and really...
  7. centurion

Shower Light Suggestions

I am redoing a shower. It has an existing recessed 6" ceiling light which I want to replace. I have seen conflicting info on whether or not the light fixture has to be rated for wet location or damp. I can find lots of trim rings that are rated for wet, but the only cans I can find are rated...
  8. centurion

Putting in a Bigger Sump Pit

I had the same problem. I found this product that has the actual sump pump mounted outside of the sump. https://www.radonseal.com/pumps/battery-sump-pumps.htm It has worked very well for me for many years.
  9. centurion

ONTARIO 1 1/2" shower drain??

I can's speak for Canada, but here in NJ 1 1/2 is allowed if there is 1 shower head. I understand the concerns that some may have. However, it would seem to me that if it has worked OK for 25 years it should not be a problem.
  10. centurion

Double Tap Question

Thanks. This is the information I was looking for.
  11. centurion

Double Tap Question

Thanks. If it is true that this was allowed by code before, does anyone know when it was changed?
  12. centurion

Double Tap Question

I understand is it not acceptable and not to code to put multiple neutrals together on one neutral bus lug, unless the manufacturer of the box specifically allows it. I am a realtor and see a lot of home inspections. Almost all of the homes around here, Central NJ, that are in the 20 to 30 year...
  13. centurion

Shower Drain Size and Code

Thanks to everyone that responded. I especially enjoyed the information about water particle size and speed. Seriously, I totally understand that code in minimum and why 2" is preferred. I was just trying to find where in the code it says 2", because the only reference I could find was 1.5". I...
  14. centurion

Understood. But what I quoted specifically refers to a shower. I will ask the inspector, but unfortunately in our town he is part time and not quickly reachable, so I was trying to see if someone here had any first hand experience in NJ.
  15. centurion

Have seen many references that a shower drain needs to be 2". Here in NJ they follow 2009 NSPC which in 7.10.4 says "for a shower with single shower head, the waste outlet connection shall be no less than 1-1/2" ". What am I missing?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks