Recent content by CeeTee

1. CeeTee

Bathroom Gut - best way to replace shower drain

YES! just realizing what I had put in the photo - FROM not TO!
  2. CeeTee

apologies for the language - but thank f@#k for that! (I was worried I would have to rip it all out) Many thanks! I really appreciate your input.
  3. CeeTee

I wanted to post what I have done to re-work the dwv in the ongoing (and never ending) bathroom remodel. Progress is slow due to work and family commitments! I am hoping that I have managed to properly install what Terry had described above in his earlier response regarding properly wet venting...
  4. CeeTee

Best method to supply 3 fixtures (cold line) using PEX

Thanks Terry and Reach - the lav and toilet are on the same wall and right at the supply lines coming up from below. the shower is on the opposite wall from the supply lines. I probably should have mentioned this originally - would this alter things? Thanks!
  5. CeeTee

Best method to supply 3 fixtures (cold line) using PEX

The never ending bathroom remodel continues and I am trying to determine the best PEX fitting(s) usage/combination to supply the 3 fixtures (toilet, sink and shower). The hot line is more obvious but for the cold, 3 outlets will be needed. There is one 1/2" cold copper supply line coming up to...
  6. CeeTee

Remove & replace section of main stack

Ahhh - yes much safer - thank you!
  7. CeeTee

Reach4 -thanks. That is one of my main concerns as I thought the current coupler looked like it was bulging. I was thinking of securing pipe strapping up in the attic floor to the pipe and also in the crawl space wherever I could attach it. (I still can't fully understand why this piece of cast...
  8. CeeTee

Great - thank you! It seems like it will give me at least a fighting chance to get it right in such a tight space. Thanks for the note about the OD - I didn't realize this.
  9. CeeTee

I am gutting our 3rd floor bathroom and am nearing the point where I have to deal with the plumbing connections directly at the stack which is in a very tight location. I am planning on dropping the plumbing below the joists which I've had to repair and sister across the entire one side of the...
  10. CeeTee

This is a slow continuation of the above post - there have been several unexpected issues that I had to work on particularly all of the butchered joists which are slowly but surely being repaired over many weekends. At this point it was necessary to see what was going on at the main stack and if...
  11. CeeTee

Many thanks - I've been trying to read through the Philadelphia code but I don't think it specifically mentions AAV's, but on other sites its been stated that AAV's were not allowed in Philadelphia?
  12. CeeTee

Hi Terry - I would need to investigate this now that the floor is a bit more open (I hope it is vented!). The lav pipe (i'm assuming) is heading towards the main stack under the floor, running next to the toilet drain. but in view of how bad everything else is I can't be sure. - I'll have a...
  13. CeeTee

Thanks Terry - I had a feeling that something like this would be the case. I'm very much learning as I go along with this house, so apologies for the newbie dumb question, but if I wet vent to the lav using 2" pipe - are you meaning that a new completely separate vent, independent of the main...
  14. CeeTee

Apologies if this isn't the right section to post to, and apologies also for the length of this post. I'm completely gutting our 3rd floor bathroom in our 1925 Victorian twin in Philadelphia. So far I've removed the old tub, old fiberglass shower stall, radiator, toilet, floor tile and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks