Recent content by CCanade

1. CCanade

Bathroom - electrical help needed

I just found the culprit... I was thinking it had to be something to do with the outlet as that's the only thing I changed. As a test, I pulled it out of the box leaving it connected. Flipped the breaker, it didn't trip. Looking inside the box I see one of those bare copper wires tied to the...
  2. CCanade

There was only 2 wires to the old 3 prong outlet. And no, the jumper was not broken. Just a simple two wire duplex connection. It's grounded to the box now, which it wasn't before. These newer style three prong duplex outlets have a ground to the screw that holds it in place. The old didn't...
  3. CCanade

Hey all, In working on a bathroom of a house built in the 50's here in South Florida I'm running into a real head scratcher on the electric. I'm hoping some pros can help. The bathroom has 2 switches one outlet. One switch for the bathroom light, the other for the heat lamp lights. Outlet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks