Recent content by Cbrider

1. Cbrider

Moen Transfer valve (M-Core) retrofit

I'm a very amateur plumber. Made a mistake in new home construction and installed Moen M-Core transfer valves 180 degrees off - basically upside down. The net is that these valves won't transfer water to the 2nd shower head on the valve. If I understand correctly, I can just swap the PEX...
  2. Cbrider

STA-Rite SNF-L experience?

Thanks. That points out the main difference between that pump and the Goulds J15S, which has a max pressure of 80psi. Price difference: Goulds J15S $600 (max pressure 80psi @5' lift) STA-Rite SNF-L: $350 (max pressure 67 at 0' lift)
  3. Cbrider

STA-Rite SNF-L experience?

Anyone have experience with the sta-rite SN series of cast jet pumps. I'm looking at the 1.5hp STA-Rite SNF-L: SNF-L Specs Considering this as an alternative to a Goulds J15S. It'd be setup with a CSV and a 40/60 switch, largely per recommendations in another thread. It'd be a primary...
  4. Cbrider

Primary water pump recommendation (above ground tanks + 300' line, 30' elevation)

Understood - we've got a single bath up there at that level. Appreciate the precision and explanations.
  5. Cbrider

Primary water pump recommendation (above ground tanks + 300' line, 30' elevation)

Thank you again. I get it. I think I'm sold on the CSV system. FYI - for others "Goulds GBK" - these are the multi-stage pumps "GB Booster Pump Series" - pumps look amazing, but seem to start over $1k. I read reviews on the 240V 1HP 33GPM Hallmark pump - Super cheap (<$150) - China. It...
  6. Cbrider

Thank you very much.. Two questions: 1) I'm aware of the (highly recommended) CSV system - I'm assuming you're recommending the PK1A. How is this different from using a large pressure tank (other than the ability to regulate constant pressure)? 2) I can use a submersible pump in the tank, but...
  7. Cbrider

Hi guys... I'm building a new home and I'm trying to finish off the primary water source. My setup is 3 x 5000 gallon water tanks (above ground, connected together). I've got a structure setup to be a "pump house" that has 30A of 240V available. I'm using one tank as primary, and feeding the...
  8. Cbrider

Another help me pick a pump

Thanks, guys.. I really appreciate the steering/advice!
  9. Cbrider

Another help me pick a pump

Doing a new residence where the only water source is rainwater collection. Largely due to poor water quality (high TDS) from many of the wells in the region. Right now, I've got a 5K gallon tank (we'll be adding others that are connected) and need to choose a "whole house" water pump for it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks