Recent content by Cbrace55

1. Cbrace55

Unglog Toilet Methods?

Kohler toilet, 4 years old. Three times more costly than the American Standard in other bathroom. Clogs qiute often. What is your go to unclogging method if plunging doesn’t work.
  2. Cbrace55

Fridge Waterline Question

Finally giving in to my wife and getting refrigerator with filtered water and ice maker. I don't have a shut-off built into the wall behind the fridge. Can I just drill a hole in the floor and run 1/4" PEX to a water line? Then cut the pipe and put in a "T". About a 15 foot run. Also, can I put...
  3. Cbrace55

Zoeller M53 105 Laundry Sump Question

My Zoeller m53 105 basin pump is failing. I want to just replace the pump, but the PVC fittings on top appear glued in. Is it possible to just replace the sump, and how difficult it is. Thanks.
  4. Cbrace55

Pipe dope in toilet tank?

Is it good practice to apply pipe joint compound (pipe dope) in toilet tank, between porcelain, rubber washer, and bolt head?
  5. Cbrace55

Drain Cleaner Preference

Any thoughts on type of sewer pipe drain cleaner to use. One that is safe to pipes and toilet, but also effective. Some folks like the foaming kind, and others copper sulfate.
  6. Cbrace55

Mansfield Toilet Tank Question

I have a Mansfield circa. 1981 toilet. I bought an OEM tank to bowl kit. It matched the toilet equipment perfectly. 3 bolts 3 flat metal washers 3 rubber washers I was under the impression that a washer and nut were supposed to be between the tank and bowl. But original toilet was not...
  7. Cbrace55

Bathroom Sink Drain Install Question

When installing a bathroom sink drain, should you use silicone pipe grease on the rubber washer between washer and bottom of sink.
  8. Cbrace55

White Rodgers Zone Valve Question

Has anyone ever taken apart a White Rodgers zone valve motor housing to see if it has oil in it? There is a rubber gasket between the two housings. One of mine was leaking, and it was definitely oil. Housing was full. I can find nowhere on internet giving me an answer. Hell, even the...
  9. Cbrace55

Taco 007-f5 question

Does the Taco 007-F5 pump contain oil or is it water cooled. I checked online and find no definitive answer. Thanks
  10. Cbrace55

Zone valve leaking oil

I checked the pump and it is a Taco 007-F5. Boiler and parts are 4 years old. Does this pump contain oil? I checked online and get no definitive answer. Thank you
  11. Cbrace55

Zone valve leaking oil

There is a pump on the supply side of the system but it is quite aways from the valve. Is there a chance the pump on the utica boiler leaked into the pipes of the system? Seems like the oil would be very diluted. This oil was not very diluted. Wish I could attach pics. If oil did get into system...
  12. Cbrace55

Zone valve leaking oil

No pump. Emerson-white rodgers says there is no oil in the valves. If I could I would attach pic, but site wont let me.
  13. Cbrace55

Zone valve leaking oil

One of my white rodgers zone valves was leaking what looked like oil. I had it replaced and it was full of oil. Tech had never seen it before. I contacted the company and they said no oil is in the unit. It was not water. Any ideas what it could be? I tried to attach pic but it failed.
  14. Cbrace55

Compression Stem question

Thanks. So it's not a Thanks. So it's not an issue.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks