Recent content by Castle Rock

1. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Well just for giggles I figured I would post a pic of my shallow well pitless . I finally found the manufacturer. Its a Whitewater Mfg pitless which is made in Whitewater Wi. Very popular in my area of Wisconsin. Now I know what I am working with in the future.
  2. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Found a well man up near the cabin and he is going to pull and repair my well. I have searched for days to try and find out what the heck the pitless adapter looks like inside this casing. I cant find one that would look remotely like anything that could be inside this small casing.also found my...
  3. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Anyone know a good well company in the Wisconsin Dells area ?
  4. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Finally made it to the cabin to troubleshoot but looks like I am going to need a new well drilled. A neigbor a few streets over just had his new well put in. It was exact same system as mine and drilled at the same time. They put in a 2 1/2 inch casing on his new one. These are shallow wells...
  5. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Thanks Valveman. I will blow it out the hose bib. Now my son went up a day ago and I asked him to get pics for me. There was moisture in the sand last week at the same area shown in the pic. Its been 5days since well ran. I did not drain or relieve pressure before I left and he did not run the...
  6. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Thanks. I have Nuwell on order for the next trip up there. Looking for guidance on using it. The Johnson website and searches dont give me much. I do not have a neighbor that I can ask to use their hose to run down my casing. I assume I can just pour some 5 gal buckets down there to mix the acid...
  7. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

been searching here for anything information I can soak up. I read a thread which mentioned a high iron content can clog the jet nozzle in the pump. Is,this something worth looking at as I work thru this issue ?
  8. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

I am leaning towards a suction leak. When showering the pump comes on and runs continually and never shuts off. All the while the water coming out of shower head is down to practically nothing. Turning on the bathroom faucet or flushing the toilet there is spitting from both so the air is...
  9. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Now that I think of it, I replaced the drain plug on the pump housing to make it easier to drain the system in winter.... a pipe nipple with a small ball valve . Hmmmm.....
  10. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Thanks Reach4. I will pick up a can and try it. I will check all round the pump since the sound is mostly coming from inside the pump as well as the union and then continue down the pipe. I assume a vacuum leak sucks the foam in and leaves a crater.
  11. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

So before I get too far ahead of myself , does this sound like a good process of elimination to determine what I think is air in the impeller housing coming from somewhere. Pressure stays in system once its full and pump does not come on until faucet opens and pressure switch calls. Very slow to...
  12. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Thanks. I think this is how mine will come out. With this type of adapter , is there anything that seals between the drop line and the casing ? If I put Nuwell down there of course it has to be able to hit the water .
  13. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

I ordered some Nuwell and will try that when I go up there. Will get some pics of my setup.i think its this type.
  14. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Just talked to a neighbor up there and he recently had his drop pipe and screen replaced along with the pitless. The threaded rod I see in fact is threaded into the top of the pitless adapter and is a means to pull it all out. He said they normally dont leave that on when they are done with the...
  15. Castle Rock

Pump sucking air

Yes there is pipe drop inside the casing and a single horizontal pipe on the suction side of the jet pump in crawlspace going out to the casing. Looking at the diagram I posted my well casing just has a galvanized cap at the top and I dont think its actually vented.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks