Recent content by Carrotguy

1. Carrotguy

Seeking rigged solution for countertop dishwasher supply

Hey! that three-way diverter looks perfect. It ships from China though, and may not arrive until late January. The plastic shutoffs seem doable but I'm not sure how well they hold up, if they get bumped around or moved often. Thanks for the ebay/diverter link - I may order that at some...
  2. Carrotguy

It's a countertop dishwasher that's made to be disconnected often. Without a separate shutoff valve, any time I disconnect the dishwasher, the hot water would have to remain off. That *would* work, but I'm really hoping to have a shutoff valve somewhere after the Quick Connect faucet inlet...
  3. Carrotguy

Hello everybody - I'm glad to see this forum is still here. I'm in a very serious time constraint for the next ~5 weeks and I bought a countertop dishwasher to help save some time. I bought the model with larger capacity and saw that it required a hot water supply line, assuming I would be...
  4. Carrotguy

Dropped plastic handle for auger down the washing machine drain pipe

Hi... Before I call out a plumber, I wanted to get a range of ideas for possible fixes. My 2" watching machine drain was backing up, so I tried to auger it with a handheld 1/4in handle-type auger. This is the small S-type handle auger with black plastic handles on each side of the body...
  5. Carrotguy

Leak under slab???

I had a plumber come out with a stethescope. They call them geophones.... I'm not sure he used it correctly, and I'd imagine they're tough to use. They hooked up an air compressor to my hose bib outside, which makes a gurgling noise in the pipes. The theory is that as you place the two...
  6. Carrotguy

slab leak repair - near old foundation repair with piers

The attic doesn't have much room in this house. There are a few roof leaks and the power fades out of half the house in bad storms. I'm gonna have to take down the ceiling in some of the rooms to get access to the attic. There's no problem though, cuz there are a few damp spots that need...
  7. Carrotguy

Just for some pitchers, to borrow a term from johnbridge, here is an update. We bought a $80 1" SDS rotary hammer from harbor freight. I would have rather bought american-made, but you gotta choose your battles. The drill and chisel worked well enough, but if you need to clear some area, a...
  8. Carrotguy

Hi, I posted with some questions a few years back, and I'm ready to follow up. We have an audible hot water slab leak in the Dallas, TX area. It stops when we shut off the hot water valve at the water heater. When we turn the hot water back on, it doesn't start right away. It only starts...
  9. Carrotguy

Shower remodel - old shower supply is PVC/replace with CPVC

to clarify though... i only mentioned flex as i read that CPVC needs a bit more support... there were three pipe fasteners there already but i figure with a ~5' run, those should suffice. it's going to be a straight run.
  10. Carrotguy

Basically, i have to fix a shower supply line from a Price Pfister 3-handle manifold. Tthe previous shower supply line was 1/2" PVC, and I wanted to replace it with 3/4" CPVC. I read a blurb about different expansion rates between copper and CPVC, and I thought that I would need a copper ->...
  11. Carrotguy

Hello all, I did a search earlier today and I think I checked all of the related threads, but I'm throwing this out here to be sure. I'm finishing up a shower remodel and I found that the current shower supply line is PVC, not CPVC. This is an older 3-handle price pfister manifold (where...
  12. Carrotguy

diy slab leak repair; sewage and hot water

also, based on the type of work being done, i suppose inspectors would need to review the work. does anyone have basic information on what to expect or what to read in preparation for this?
  13. Carrotguy

now we are ready we just refinanced a property and we have a bit of cash to get the plumbing problems fixed. we do not have enough cash to have a plumbing company do all of the work since part of the refinance needs to go to renovating the property that got us the cash. i am about to have...
  14. Carrotguy

This isn't to scale but perhaps it warrants comment. We've been on the roof and each drain has it's own vent. My dad states the main drain exits the living room area at the front of the house. I'm not certain where that is... I posted a pic earlier of a hole in a toilet drain - you can see...
  15. Carrotguy

Hehe, I was under the impression that the city might have records about where the gas and water lines would run. My dad laughed at the idea but man that would be nice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks