Recent content by Carlosa

1. Carlosa

Waterproofing shower

I bought Redgard for shower but cant find the membrane in stock at Hd or lowes, can I apply redgard without it??
  2. Carlosa

shower curb

I got that part but can i mortar curb a different day?
  3. Carlosa

shower curb

Ok, i have everything ready for shower floor, installed pan liner on floor and over curb with dam corners and the metal lath over it but can i mortar it after i pour the floor or does it have to be done on the same day i pour the floor?
  4. Carlosa

Shower curb height

I will be installing the dam corners, already have them.
  5. Carlosa

Shower curb height

Tnx guys, 1 1/4 inch it will be. Do I need to apply the Redgard on curb even when pan liner is going over the 3 2x4's before the mortar?
  6. Carlosa

Shower curb height

Well I have access to Hd n Lowes for mortar and was looking intomRedguard for waterproofing shower.
  7. Carlosa

Shower curb height

well don't know what to use to waterproof yet, so what type of mortar to use for the curb. can I do shower floor first and then do the curb another time?
  8. Carlosa

Shower curb height

Ok I am doing my curb with 3 2x4 already installed and with thinset and floor tile it will be about 1 3/4 high from drain. -is that enough height or should i add another 2x4 Also when i do curb with the metal lath is 1/2 inch concrete on top ok or is it too much.
  9. Carlosa

shower curb

can the curb be done after I have poured shower floor or does it have to be done at the same time, can I use the same quickrete sand mix I use for the pan or a different mix of mortar?
  10. Carlosa

shower curb

I have 3 2x4s as the shower curb and its not the standard size, its going to be 5 feet long, have seen the proof goof box ones that are only 30 inch long and would have to order them , can anyone give me another alternative way that can be bought at HD so I can start on this asap.
  11. Carlosa

Mud Set Shower pan

ok, I checked the calculator but its only for centered drain, so would you say the best way to do it in order to keep it level all around is to start from drain on preslope and then do the finish 1.5? Also is the quickrete sand mix ok for both or do I need to think it with more sand?
  12. Carlosa

Mud Set Shower pan

Is 1/2 inch perimeter for preslope and 1 1/2' for setting ok on mortar?
  13. Carlosa

Mud Set Shower pan

Ok think will do thinset since already have some from tiling floor. Other question is; shower is going to be 30' wide by 6" long, drain is 1" from wall and 5" from back wall , how much mortar do I need to line on perimeter to get the 1/4 slope? Is 1/2' ok ?
  14. Carlosa

Mud Set Shower pan

Im converting tub to walk in shower, bought quickrete sand/topping , was told to pour 1/2 inch , pan liner and then another 1 1/2 with 1/4 slope to drain. Will concrete stick to existing concrete floor?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks