Recent content by Capindres

1. Capindres

WARNING: Burnham Alpine 105 - Deadly Carbon monoxide danger - defective part

Didn't realize that I was required to give you the full history of service as well.
  2. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

The problem ended up being one of the two thermal resistor sensor's inside of the boiler.
  3. Capindres

WARNING: Burnham Alpine 105 - Deadly Carbon monoxide danger - defective part

Jan 22, 2014 This warning could save your life or your family's life. I purchased and had installed a Burnham Alpine 105 hydronics boiler on Jan 13th 2010. (four years ago) On Jan 19th 2014 my wife noticed that the carbon monoxide detector located in the kitchen upstairs was reading a high...
  4. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

Final outcome: The Alpine 105 has 2 (two) temperature sensors on the top of the boiler on the left hand side, about 3 inches or so apart from each other. They are both the same make and model. One of them was bad. As soon as I replaced the first one all my problems went away. (but not until...
  5. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

Well I'm still preplexed. Seemed to run fine .....but.... I still have the same old problem of "soft lockout" not as often, or at lower temperatures, but never the less still doing it. SO, thinking it might be the main computer board (I have a brand new one purchased last winter while fighting...
  6. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

Well I received the upper limit switch, and installed it. Noticed when I drained the water from the boiler it was dis-colored, so I also flushed the system until I got clear water. Got quite a bit of "sediments" that looks like sand until you smash it between your fingers, then it looks like...
  7. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

There appears to be no air in the system. It's set up where I can easily check for iar, either in a single zone, or the system in general. The problem is not that it's overheating and shutting down, rather, it rarely reaches its set point of 180 degrees, yet reports that the temp is rising to...
  8. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

Yes it's plumbed correctly. It has the the primary and secondary loop so that the boiler can circulate indepenantly of zone control valve circulation. And it also has an automatic air bleed valve. It has worked fine for the past 4-6 months with no ploblem. The main circulator is working fine...
  9. Capindres

Burnham Alpine 105

Hellow everyone, I purchased a Burnham Alpine 105 about 21 months ago. (and I'm not happy) Have had alot of issues with this unit. My current issue is what Burnham calls "soft lockout" Boiler will come on as normal, and run through its cycle and ignite the boiler. Then the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks