Recent content by capecod12

1. capecod12

Can this be used for "C" wire to the digital thermostat?

Thank you muchly for these great videos. I found one which explains our exact Honeywell t-stat.
  2. capecod12

This is very interesting, I certainly have learned a lot from you here. The fan is a variable speed, the furnace is a Carrier, so I want it all to work perfectly.
  3. capecod12

Thank you for this info, we will see what we will choose to do. What you described is a great work-around. Its very important to have a fail-safe situation. A friend is getting me some of those old Honeywell circular mercury thermostats. People throw them away. We dont have AC and its not a 2...
  4. capecod12

It doesnt, I tried it. Here is the issue well explained, http://jonrosensystems.com/2014/01/could-a-2-battery-lead-to-the-destruction-of-your-home/#.VRKu4jvF9HF
  5. capecod12

I wonder how many are improperly wired, and are dependent on those 2 little batteries while the people are away for the winter? I talked with our daughter who's husband consults for an insurance company who specializes in house freeze-ups, and a good percentage of the claims are exactly what we...
  6. capecod12

We check houses for people with new gas furnaces, and digital thermostats, who are not here for months in the winter. Just recently we had two furnace shut-downs, and the power had NOT gone off in our area. Turns out that they have new digital thermostats, and the batteries had gone dead...
  7. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Odd that with all browsers and changing the url won't bring it in for me, but some servers are down this morning, our local newspaper also of all odd things. Probably tomorrow those 2 sites will work. I remember when my site was down, and my web host was all upset and bombarded us with apology...
  8. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Yes, its too difficult to do calculations like this, our cellar also has a leaky garage door. Im not sure of all your terms? So rather than go into tons of math and measurements, we decided to go with what was recommended, and we pushed it up a notch or 2. And I know that it will be cheaper than...
  9. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

No, we didn't do the actual measuring and trying to remember the insulation factors. House has been added to and we now have a sunroom and a larger upstairs. The people who gave us estimates are familiar with this kind of house and climate, so we pretty much have to rely on them. When we first...
  10. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Here is a good description of the one we ordered, Carrier 59TN6A060V17-14 60000 BTU, Up To 96% AFUE, Multi-Position, Two Stage, Variable Speed Gas Furnace http://www.hvac.com/carrier-59tn6a060v17-14-60000-btu-up-to-96-afue-multi-position-two-stage-variable-speed-gas-furnace
  11. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Yes Indeed! But having one of these in your bed helps, she is now 7 years old, about 75 pounds and generates a lot of heat. http://www.jcdouglass.net/gallery2013/puppy.html Tho her dreams with the thrashing paws and squeals do wake us up, and when our grand dog is here, its Double!
  12. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

All the heating things that we go thru in our lifetimes are very interesting. In our camp in Maine, we have an ancient kitchen kerosene huge cook-stove. And a fireplace big enuf to put a Volkswagon into, and house has no insulation, right on the ocean. And that place is damn cold unless its...
  13. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Yes, I had to cover my washer and dryer daily. I can hear my husband down cellar vacuuming right now, and I started washing our pantry shelving yesterday.
  14. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Its a GO! They use the 4 inch Merv filters. Its $3700 which includes a 700 rebate all inclusive. And thats 2 years of coal, and a lot less work, we are happy with this decision. Thank you all for all your help and information!
  15. capecod12

Want a warm cellar

Service after the sale should be OK, the guy is local, and Ive already talked with him about the availability of parts for our son in law. No problem as there is with Lennox. And there is a warrantee for 10 years on most parts. Labor, we will take care of. Efficiency down to tenths of a point...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks