Recent content by CallmeJake

1. CallmeJake

Combining condensate drains?

Hi, I have two boilers in the basement, one is a combi, between them I have 6 pipes to route to the drain. 3 relief valves, 2 condensate, and the backflow. The two condensate lines currently run over to floor drain, while the others dump on the floor. I've found that the floor doesn't really...
  2. CallmeJake

Help adding a boiler drain

Once you shut off the house and water heater and drain the line, how are you going to keep the water out of the hose bib when you turn it back on? Do you plan to leave the water drained for all of the cold months? In any case sharkbite makes hose bibs, you could remove that cap and push the...
  3. CallmeJake

Pressure reducing valve advice

I have a vacuum breaker/backflow on the irrigation. We just finished the house last spring and everything was inspected/passed by the city. The only issue they had was making sure I didn't break the wireless transmitter for the meter, apparently people do that. The system is 1" pvc mainline...
  4. CallmeJake

Thanks for the input, I appreciate the help. My goal in all of this is to get the pressure valve on the water heater to stop dumping water. The sprinklers seem to be the main cause of this, flushing the radiant loop also caused it but out of the two the sprinklers run a lot more often then I...
  5. CallmeJake

I had to do a little reading on this. The line into the house is 1" copper, plan is to keep the PRV at line size. For the valve I am looking at the watts 1" LFU5B-Z3, it is a bypass type with integrated strainer. If I am understanding the table correctly, with 80 in and a 70psi set point...
  6. CallmeJake

Thanks for pointing out some of the details. My plan after some quick thought is below, open to suggestions. I would have the irrigation downstream of the PRV. The sprinkler design was done assuming a pressure of 70psi, instead of the 80+ I measured, with the idea of bringing the pressure...
  7. CallmeJake

It looks nearly unanimous that a PRV should be installed, I am going to start looking into that. For the tank it sounds like it may not be required from a code perspective but it could help and won't hurt. Since the lines have to be drained for the PRV might as well install that and and a new...
  8. CallmeJake

Thanks guys. When the PRV is installed is an expansion tank down stream necessary? James mentioned when there is a check valve in the water meter, for example, a tank would be required. Is turning the pressure down 10psi enough to stop the water heater valve from popping when the sprinkler...
  9. CallmeJake

I moved into a new house last spring. When we were planning for the sprinkler system I measured the water pressure at the bib at a little over 80psi at the hose bib. What I noticed over the summer is that when the sprinklers would turn off it would occasionally trip the pressure valve on the...
  10. CallmeJake

Venting back to back toilet and shower

Thanks for the responses, saved me a big headache. Didn't think about the dry vent below flood level. To clarify on the tee, my drawing isn't great, I was planning to use the side inlet fitting not a cross to avoid the poo in the shower. Or does that fitting have the same problems? Sounds...
  11. CallmeJake

Venting back to back toilet and shower

Hi, I am attempting to install a full bath on the second floor above a half bath. I think I have a plan, but not sure it if it works. The project is in Michigan near Ann Arbor. I have attached a couple of sketches, still trying to get my head around isometric drawings. The non-iso drawing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks