Recent content by Calhoontuna

1. Calhoontuna

Pressure Tank Pressure Dropping When Water to House Shut Off

Reach -- one quick question though. So when does the water heater fill? There was a lot of information online about how water heaters work but I wasn't seeing anything on what triggers the thing to refill.
  2. Calhoontuna

Thanks Reach! I'll run some experiments on the T&P and toilets over the next few days and see if I can track it down.
  3. Calhoontuna

This is driving me absolutely crazy, Was almost positive the softner was the culprit, but that is not the case. Wasn't leaking into the utility tub, and now I'm getting instances where the pressure tank psi drops when the softener is in bypass mode/not plugged in. However, contrary to my...
  4. Calhoontuna

No RO filter. Water wasn't' flowing through the discharge drain line during idle that I noticed...though I will have to monitor it to make sure. As for the brine tank I never paid attention to the water level so i will have to watch that.
  5. Calhoontuna

Think I've finally got it figured out. Valveman -- you were correct the shut off valve was not shutting completely. You really had to crank on it to close it fully. At which point, i didn't loose any psi at all. So during those previous tests water had been getting past shut off and leaking...
  6. Calhoontuna

I didn't know what a check value was until today. Looking downstairs by my pressure tank I see what I'm taking to be a check valve on the pipe between the tank and the switch and gauage. If this were a check valve are you saying there would be another valve down in the well and if I were to...
  7. Calhoontuna

Of late, I've been noting that our pressure tank has been kicking in when no water is being used or has been used for quite a while. We have well water with a pressure tank set at 30-50. This morning I had closed the main valve between the pressure tank and the rest of the house and noted that...
  8. Calhoontuna

Phantom Flush while Water Pressure Tank Filling

Turned out it was the seal. The replacement seal felt like it fit properly...but when I picked another one I found out that it was ever so slightly too large. This fixed the issue.
  9. Calhoontuna

Hm. Looks like the water level in the tank dropped one inch overnight. The night before the tank emptied out complete, but that was related to the flush level not letting the cannister flush valve to seal fully. We have one of those cannister valves, verse the flapper style, and it doesn't use...
  10. Calhoontuna

Sounds good. I will try this tonight and see what happens.
  11. Calhoontuna

I had done that. Emptied the tank. Hallow. Can move it around and knock on it and verify that it is empty. I set the pressure in the tank to 28 and then set the cut in and out pressures to 30 and 50 respectively. Watched the guage while running the water and it works like a charm, triggering at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks