Recent content by caleb_tng

1. caleb_tng

New furnace draining into foundation -- overflow

Thanks. That wall actually has the finished basement on the other side. (Unfortunately, since that is where the water was heading.) The guy that did my basement just had some extra insulation and threw that up to help deaden the sound of my old furnace. Also I was pulling at it when I was...
  2. caleb_tng

Thanks. The installer was back in today to put in a condensate pump, free of charge. I did ask him about the lack of a trap on the furnace drain pipe; he pointed out to me where the trap was located inside the furnace.
  3. caleb_tng

Thanks. Well, this is a brand new furnace, installed just about 8 weeks ago. The last furnace was draining into this same hole, though, and I never had problems, Summer or Winter. The sump pump is in a closet, and there is a finished portion of the basement between the furnace and the...
  4. caleb_tng

Thanks. The sump pump is the only location available for this. Looks like I will need a condensate pump. I'd install it myself, but I think I want the kind that connects to the furnace and shuts it down in the event of a pump failure. I just had this furnace installed and I don't want to...
  5. caleb_tng

Awesome new Trane XV95 furnace, but it is spilling a whole lot of water onto my basement floor. The old furnace was just draining into a hole in the foundation. This furnace is apparently generating more water, and the hole is overflowing. I do have a sump pump about 18 feet from the furnace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks