Recent content by Cai24

1. Cai24

Adding Hose Bib on Exterior Wall - Running PEX Through Attic

Thanks, that was actually my plan. The ceiling that this would run over is vaulted, so I was going to fish it down to the edge of the attic. Question...could I "winterize" this without a compressor? In the fall, I would drain the water from the hose bib end, and if I install a shutoff valve with...
  2. Cai24

Adding Hose Bib on Exterior Wall - Running PEX Through Attic

I would like to add a hose bib for my backyard, but I don't know if there are code issues that would prevent this. I have hose access already, but it's on the other side of my house where the irrigation backflow preventer is. I'm installing drip irrigation, and if I use the existing hookup, I...
  3. Cai24

Question about Installing a Threaded Valve - Not Sure How Tight It Should Be

I replaced the valves earlier today. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem removing the old ones. I couldn't get them to budge with a normal wrench but finally was able to do so using a pipe wrench. I wasn't expecting them to give me as much trouble as they did. I was rushing to get the water...
  4. Cai24

Terry & John - Thank you for the input. This is very helpful to me. I appreciate it.
  5. Cai24

I am replacing two threaded 1/2" boiler valves, and I'm unsure of how tight they should be. I know with faucets that I've changed, the instructions often say something like hand tight and then 1/4-1/2 turn with a wrench. I haven't changed many valves before, so I don't have a lot of experience...
  6. Cai24

Replacing Valves for Washing Machine - Not Sure if I Should Use an In-Wall Box

Thanks! SupplyHouse carries the lead-free version, so I just bought that one to be safe.
  7. Cai24

Thanks. I can tell that the incoming water line is 1/2", but the water hammer and valve side look wider to me. I guess that's because they are threaded. I believe it is all 1/2". Is there an easy way to tell without disconnecting? **Ignore my original question about lead-free. I see SupplyHouse...
  8. Cai24

I would like replace the valves for my washing machine. I believe they are original from the early 80s. The cold water valve has started to leak, even after repacking it. I was thinking about using Dahl 3/4" Mini-Ball Hose Valves. I want something not made in China. They are made in Canada (USA...
  9. Cai24

Installing Moen Flo - Question about Bonding Wire and Soldering

I am planning to install a Moen Flo, which turns the water off in the event a leak is detected. I’m not sure how I address the bonding wire. It runs to right above the existing gate valve. Do I need to terminate the bonding wire above the Moen Flo and then somehow splice it to run it underneath...
  10. Cai24

Installing Water Line for Humidifier - Not Sure if I Should Attempt Sweating or Use a Sharkbite

I am planning to install an Aprilaire 700 humidifier this weekend. I will need a 1/4" hot water connection. I am one of these people who have watched a bunch of Youtube videos about sweating copper pipes, but I've never actually done it. I feel like this is a skill that I need to learn. Part of...
  11. Cai24

Removing Valve from Ice Maker Box

I saw the Dahl valve at supplyhouse, but do you think it’s a bad idea to mix? Am I better off sticking with all Viega?
  12. Cai24

Removing Valve from Ice Maker Box

I have a 3/8" PEX line coming in behind my refrigerator. It comes straight through the wall. I was having difficulty finding a 3/8" x 1/4" valve, as most seemed to be 1/2". I noticed that Viega has one, but it is part of an ice maker outlet box. Are these valves generally removable, and if so...
  13. Cai24

Some Questions about Installing Bosch 300 Dishwasher

I remodeled my kitchen, and I had planned for a plumber to install the dishwasher. I may not be able to get one for quite a while, so I thought I would try it myself. I'm just very nervous about leaks. It's a Bosch 300. I used a dishwasher connector kit and attached an elbow to the plastic...
  14. Cai24

Question about Tightening Braided Supply Lines

Is there a general rule for tightening braided supply lines? I’m afraid of under tightening but also afraid of over tightening. I usually hand tighten them as much as possible and then go 1/4 turn with the wrench. Is that the correct way to do it? Do I want the least amount of tightening that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks