Recent content by C6H12O6

1. C

Flange in slab not level

Thanks, Jim. The flange is attached to the outside of and directly to the 90° elbow. If I cut the flange off, it seems that I'll probably bugger up the elbow. Even if I don't, I think I'd have to add some kind of vertical pipe above the elbow to give me enough height to mount the flange after...
  2. C

Flange in slab not level

I never claimed to have the training or skills of a plumber. As for my ability level, you have no idea what my abilities are. I know my questions are remedial for an expert, but I thought that was what a forum like this was for – the DIY guy/girl who needs a little guidance to do a project on...
  3. C

Flange in slab not level

Not really smart a$$, just sort of a$$. I know I'm new, but I was under the impression this is a "Plumbing & Remodel DIY advice forum." If you don't want to help any further, fine. You obviously know what you are talking about and I appreciate your earlier help, but I really doubt most people on...
  4. C

Flange in slab not level

Ok, as I'm thinking about the mountain of work before me, I have a couple new questions: 1. If the flange is tilted like it is because the whole pipe system it is attached to is tilted, how does adding a new flange fix that? Won't the new flange be tilted, too? I guess I don't see how I can...
  5. C

Flange in slab not level

!@#$ Since I'm new to the board and I don't really know the rules regarding swearing in a post, I'll abstain. However, know that I am cussing up a storm in my head. I was really hoping the answer was, "Oh, yeah. We see that all the time. Just go pick one of these up at Home Depot. You'll be...
  6. C

Flange in slab not level

I'm new, so please forgive the newbie question. I've been reading the old threads for a while, but can't find exactly what I'm struggling with. As you can see in the pics, I have removed the toilet from my concrete slab floor. The back of the PVC flange is about 3/8" lower than the front. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks